Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMFG. I'm so livid right now. So, I'm driving home from work last night, at 1:00 in the morn'n and I hear a nice pop on my driver's side door. I pull over in a parking lot, and see egg fragments dripping from my front fascia near the side marker and dripping from the center of my driver door. Some little punk kid egged my Z. I looked around, and noticed a ditch I guess they were hiding in. Im so freaking pissed I could kill him/her/it that did it. Looked at it this morning in the light, and there are swirl marks embedded in the paint, possibly through to the clear. Took it by the local body shop, and yes, it will require repainting both to fix it. ARRGGHH!!!! 3 weeks I've owned her, and already she's tagged. :punch: :F-you: :cry:

Anyone have any suggestions? Please?

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
re-paint??

swirl marks were probably there before the eggs were thrown at it. nissan paint isn't great.

if there are chips out of the paint...then, yes, re-paint.

but, i would think you could just wipe off the egg (when you got home and it was still wet)...get some zaino...and get rid of the swirl marks.

:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd only repaint if the paint's chipped. You'll get over it eventually. I know I got drunk at 11 am when I got my first rcok chip. Not sure how eggs would damage the paint though. Sorry to hear this.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Sad news :cry:

If the paint is spider webbed at all, it's going to need a repaint. And any egg hitting the paint that hard is going to do that to it.

I'm sorry to hear about that though, and I hope the punks that did it get their karma really soon.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i was thinking this might happen to me the other night, and i was ready to jump out and beat anyone and everyone involved if it did..

·
Registered
5,437 Posts

Yes, one. Treat Halloween like its snowing out. Meaning, don't drive the Z unless you have to. Mine stayed safely tucked in my garage for the day before, during and after Halloween. If you don't have a garage, park the Z somewhere safe and out of the public eye.

·
Registered
55 Posts
sorry to hear that...

my car has been egged... twice

i don't drive like a jerk, i am actually pretty conservative. Once was overnight while at my girlfriends house, and the other overnight at my house. Found eggshells and swirlmarks both times... bastards just can't stand for someone to have something nicer than them is my only thought as to why this happenned. (neither incident was on a holiday like halloween either, just regular nights)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Real world cars have real world scars.

Mine got parking dinged in the rear bumper the 2nd night I had it...but I cant see it from the driver's seat...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Suggestions?, Yes:

:50cal: then :shoot: then :shoot2: RELOAD :50cal: :shoot: :shoot2:

I hope the damage isn't too bad. Sorry to hear this, and hopefully she can come out of this mark-free.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
its all cool....
but why the **** do we have to refer to god as F-God????

i dont think that right man

Don't worry, god is just a figure of speech. You won't get hit by lightning or anything.

sincerely,

Heathen Infidel III

:lmfao:

(I just referred to @ss as [email protected] :rolf2: )

·
Registered
54 Posts
Same thing happend to me few month before. It was not halloween but just an ordinary day.
Some guys totally egged my car that night. I called cops and insurance company because I had some suspects.
Cops did not care about what happend at all, even though i had suspects. No evidence was their reason.
My local body shop re-painted whole body panels of Z. Insurance company covered it but I still had to pay deductible of 500$. Does anybody know how this feel like? You know who did it but you cannot do anything. (after few weeks of this accident, I heard from someone that my suspects acutally did it) I am still very mad when I think about what happend before. :banghead:

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you see the suspect(s) and they are kids, you can stop safely, chase them down, grab the nearest one by an ear (just an expression--don't really lay hands on or you will be guilty of "battery") and lead him/her to his/her house where you can explain the situation to a parent. Unfortunately, the parent will probably not be concerned, but get their name and file a police report. Parents are legally liable for vandalism by their kids. I had to do this once to some pre-teen kids who threw rocks at my trailered motorcycle as I drove by. You should have seen the shocked expression on those kids' faces when I came back for them :furious:

Too late to help with your immediate problem, but for future reference, the best way to deal with splatters is to take action right away. Carry a bottle of club soda or sparkling water (nothing with sugar in it) and a few soft paper towels in your Zee at all times. This little "firstaid" kit is good to have when a sea gull leaves a resume on your hood, or you hit a bug the size of a robin (or some punk kid eggs you). Just soak and gently dab the affected area--don't rub, or you will do more harm than good. Gently wash, of course, as soon as possible. If the egg, bird crap, or bug juice dries and hardens, you are faced with much greater remedial problem.

I sympathize completely with your frustration. A friend of mine's Daytona Blue Z got keyed a few weeks ago in the parking lot of the convenience store where he works. He didn't see it happen, but knows beyond a doubt that it was a guy he confronted for shoplifting. The cops are helpless in this kind of situation.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sad news :cry:

If the paint is spider webbed at all, it's going to need a repaint. And any egg hitting the paint that hard is going to do that to it.

I'm sorry to hear about that though, and I hope the punks that did it get their karma really soon.
You're absolutely correct, my friend. The impact of an egg on your car's paint surface [when thrown with significant velocity] - WILL indeed leave that visible circular looking pattern in the clear coat. The egg crashing onto the paint surface literally cracks the clearcoat. :punch:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Your egg throwing damage probably looks something like this. :OMG:

Right? :banghead:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts