Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:

Hey guys Just thought i would share this. On my way from Hilton Head Island south carolina to north carolina today via I95 another PPW 350z pulls up behind me(my 04 is PPW) so were playing around acctually topped her out at 130mph or so :shiftdrive: Having a blast. Then it starts to pour rain. So I slow down to 55mph or so and bam i see 3 inches of standing water about 15 feet in length... I hydroplane do 360 turn then a 180 and go backwards into the bushes and am wedged between 2 huge trees beating up my passenger side badly and taking out a couple of small trees. well i'm like shi* this sux get out to see how bad it is and no more than 70 ft up the road is the other PPW 350z I was playing with 10 min or so before. The other Z had slide passenger side down on the ground and was leaning on a tree. So I move some bushes outa the way and he hops right out. We were both only a little bruised but fine. I got pix with my cell phone but there lo quality and i dont know how to upload them online when i figure it out Ill post. Neither of our airbags deploy!! what BS. So as it turns out 7 vehicles in all hydroplaned around the same time. 2 vehicles crashed and a 18 wheeler with a flatbed full of steel beams jack knifed and rolled his cab dumping these 50 ft steel beams on the Interstate. Crazy shi* and we all got tickets for driving to fast for conditions even though its obvious the road isnt draining properly. Too make it short I hung out with Chad the other Z driver while our cars got towed and got him the NC as he was on his way the VA beach thanx to my parents. So should I let the insurance company rebuild the car? I think i can get a depreciation check for damages even though its my (natures) fault. I owe 21k and its bluebooking at 26k so either way im good might look at a s2000 but i dunno i loved my Z. Anyways had to vent this cant sleep too much adrenaline still pumping.

Oh yea he had a track and mines base guess traction control and brembos dont help when theres water envolved.
:doh:

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
dude that sucks, and it sucks even more that cops feel they need to slap you for nothing. I mean comon! you just wrecked a badass sports car, and they have to be asses and punish you further (for nothing?)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Sorry to hear you lost against Mother Nature. Try hitting black ice sometime. No matter what you have, you can't win.

I wonder if the state will admit fault here. :finger: So SC can :kissass:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Aug 6 2005, 07:26 AM
Sorry to hear you lost against Mother Nature.  Try hitting black ice sometime.  No matter what you have, you can't win.

I wonder if the state will admit fault here. :finger:    So SC can :kissass:
[snapback]142498[/snapback]​

yea i doubt SC will take anyblame... they write the tickets just to cover there azzes

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Aug 6 2005, 12:13 PM
did either car hit the front end? that would by why the airbags didnt deploy..
[snapback]142555[/snapback]​

No direct hit to the front of the cars but his should of deployed.. he had curtian airbags and his car was on its side.. sounds like they dont total unless its more than 75% damage. I think im going to talk to the body shop about ground effects if they would be willing to work it in. Atleast an aftermarket front clip.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:OMG: That's terrible man! Definitely get those pics up soon. If you email them to me at [email protected], I will get them up here for you.

That's terrible that it happened to you man. I hope that you can get the money for depreciation. I did when I got hit by a woman. Let us know how everything turns out for you.

Question: Were you on the stock Bridgestone Potenzas?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Aug 6 2005, 09:30 PM
:OMG: That's terrible man! Definitely get those pics up soon. If you email them to me at [email protected], I will get them up here for you.

That's terrible that it happened to you man. I hope that you can get the money for depreciation. I did when I got hit by a woman. Let us know how everything turns out for you.

Question: Were you on the stock Bridgestone Potenzas?
[snapback]142616[/snapback]​

yea both of us had the stock bridgetones

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The last pic shows the only real body damage I obtained.. You guys think its salvagable.. if the drivetrains ok i think it will be?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That definitely looks like it can be fixed. Oh, and I would also try getting an aftermarket bodykit in the deal.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Aug 7 2005, 01:55 PM
That definitely looks like it can be fixed.  Oh, and I would also try getting an aftermarket bodykit in the deal.
[snapback]142779[/snapback]​

my thoughts too, should i use two shops against each other to negotitate a body kit. :xZ!o:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Jebz240+Aug 7 2005, 03:00 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Aug 7 2005, 01:55 PM
That definitely looks like it can be fixed. Oh, and I would also try getting an aftermarket bodykit in the deal.
[snapback]142779[/snapback]​

my thoughts too, should i use two shops against each other to negotitate a body kit. :xZ!o:
[snapback]142780[/snapback]​

Ins comp always get at least 2 estimates, and some states have laws protecting the consumer which allows the person or policy holder to pick their own bodyshop. So yeah, I would get at least 2 estimates. Tell them that you would like to install aftermarket parts instead of OEM, which might be cheaper anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Originally posted by Jebz240@Aug 6 2005, 05:45 AM
Oh yea he had a track and mines base guess traction control and brembos dont help when theres water envolved.
[snapback]142493[/snapback]​

Very unfortunate. Not sure what you mean about the above statement.

Everyone who hasn't taken an advanced drivers class, should. I don't mean any disrespect at all.. but 135mph on public roads?? come on.. :(

Drivers training goes a LONG way. Check around and see if there is anything you can sign up for. You can't rely on the cars electronics, etc.. to save you if you aren't sure how to use them to begin with.

Again, not trying to flame.. but learn from this. Luckily no body was injured.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Aug 6 2005, 08:26 AM
dude that sucks, and it sucks even more that cops feel they need to slap you for nothing. I mean comon! you just wrecked a badass sports car, and they have to be asses and punish you further (for nothing?)
[snapback]142497[/snapback]​

Yeah, he just endangered himself and everyone else around him... Just let him go with a simple slap on the wrist.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by illz33+Aug 7 2005, 03:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TOYKILLA
@Aug 6 2005, 08:26 AM
[snapback]142497[/snapback]​

Yeah, he just endangered himself and everyone else around him... Just let him go with a simple slap on the wrist.
[snapback]142804[/snapback]​

Did you actually read the post. 8 vehicles wrecked because of the rain. The road flash flooded and WE WERE NOT SPEEDING when it was raining. Jesus what a idiot. A semi truck hydroplaned and rolled its cab because of the road conditions. If your gonna flame some body have a reason or keep coments to yourself.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by illz33+Aug 7 2005, 02:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jebz240
@Aug 6 2005, 05:45 AM
[snapback]142493[/snapback]​

Very unfortunate. Not sure what you mean about the above statement.

Everyone who hasn't taken an advanced drivers class, should. I don't mean any disrespect at all.. but 135mph on public roads?? come on.. :(

Drivers training goes a LONG way. Check around and see if there is anything you can sign up for. You can't rely on the cars electronics, etc.. to save you if you aren't sure how to use them to begin with.

Again, not trying to flame.. but learn from this. Luckily no body was injured.
[snapback]142789[/snapback]​

Once again did you read the 1st post? there were 2 350z's involved My 350z is a base model. Chad's the 350z is a track model. My car handled the spin out better and his flipped on its side even though he had traction control. WE were not speeding when whe wrecked it was raining. :punch:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.