Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently started garaging the Z since I got a winter/beater ride, and therefore, the Z has not seen any bad weather like rain or morning frost.

It has gotten dusty from time to time, but nothing a quick blast around Queens can't handle.

Occasionally I use a quick detailer mist and rag to get the dust off, but I was just wondering if it's bad to have not washed the car for over a month.

Keep in mind, it has not been rained on, nor does it see sunlight (which can wear at the wax).

Any opinions??

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
You should be fine as long as there is no road tar/oils on it. I know people that take their car through the car wash once a year and their paint is fine. You should be alright.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Nov 19 2004, 02:57 PM
whoops this is not the pw thread....whoops

Yet you still triple posted that :thumbsup:

I wish I had a garage too though.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If it has dust on it, a quick misting with a rag might scratch it more than a quick rinse off would do. Why not just get a car cover if it's going to be sitting in the garage all winter?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Nov 19 2004, 04:11 PM
yes b/c I had posted my PW babble 3 separate replies and then realized I can't delete replies (no one can) so I just edited!  :rolf2:

I can :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
if you guys are to wash your Z, which kind of product do you use? Any brand that are work best for the Z???

:monkey:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by ZSUNSUN@Nov 19 2004, 06:35 PM
if you guys are to wash your Z, which kind of product do you use?  Any brand that are work best for the Z???

:monkey:

Be sure to check out the show and shine forum.

Forums --> Modifications --> Show & Shine

Happy Obsessing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
well the mr. clean hose attachment is your best bet if the car is sitting in the garage pull it out maybe every other week and mist it with the filtered water=no water spots and takes the dust off/dries itself.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the suggestions/replies all! Every now and then when I take her out, I get the Meguires quick detailer out and use that to mist away the dust. Either that, or a high speed blast through town will do ;)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think you'll be fine with the dust and detailer. I was thinking of covering her with some sheets or something to keep most of the dust off, but I feel that not washing it for 6 months won't hurt. It's only dust and moisture.

Besides, it will be that much more fun to clean her next spring and bring her out all nice and shiny. I keep having visions of 'Better Off Dead' where he pulls out the rebuilt Camaro from the garage...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts