Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always wanted to ask this and was wondering what you guys think or know. Is that the right oil pressure you are suppose to have when at idel (Car is running in the picture and is fully warmed up).

Second is a video of my car running and ever since I installed my headers my tach. has been acting like this. When I was at a local car show I had my car running for about 30 mins. at idel speed so that my radio didnt wear the battery down. This is when my engine threw a code. The computer said it was a misfire in one of the pistons. It never comes on unless your letting the car sit with the engine running. This is really no big deal but sometimes the vibration gets bad from moving so much. I like to add that when the air is on the car idels supper smooth with now movement in the tach. Again this happened when I installed my headers.

RPM Video

Thanks
John

·
Registered
728 Posts
Your car is fine. underdrive pulleys can sometimes cause a random misfire code. Intakes have also been known to cause a code now and again. Both are affecting your idle a bit and causing it to be a bit loppy. Nothing to be too concerned about. If it really bothers you, take your car to the dealer and have them raise your idle to around 850 rpms

Your oil pressure is fine as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts