Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious to know. WHen driving down the roads. Which Porches can the Z stand up to? I have seen Carerras and Turbos and of course the Boxter. And most I can figure out by looking at the width of the tires, but many I have no clue about. Like the 928 for example. If I see one do I turn a corner? :D

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lmfao: I was wondering when you would notice! You kept posting on your original thread.

Why not challenge them all and see what happens? Of course, if I see big rear shooz, dual tipped exhaust, and the word 'Turbo' on the back, I would probably avoid that one...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the guys in the Porsches can be found on the BEST road out here for running, but they never run past 10 MPH UNDER the speed limit. I think its because they cant take the time to pull the cell phones from their butts.

The turbo ones sure are purdy looking. But I really want to make a Boxter look bad...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You could take a Boxster any day. The base model has a 2.7L V6 with 225 hp at the crank. Then the next 2 models have 3.2L engines with a max of 264hp. Of course, they weigh in at 2811 lbs, have RWD, and dual exhaust (I think).

I'd try to 'challenge' one... :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually cuz this site pwns. Its ridicuious how often I am positing and reading here.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Originally posted by Zboy@Oct 22 2004, 01:58 PM
Actually cuz this site pwns.  Its ridicuious how often I am positing and reading here.

indeed it does :cheers:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
"I eat boxters for breakfast"

see the shirt in person at the ECZA meet in November :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Boxster has the single ******* exhaust and all are convertibles. They have side inlet ducts like the Turbo, that's the only relation it has with the Turbo, lol.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Boxter S and up will give you a run for your money! On a twisty roads its all about the driver! Stop light to stop you'll smoke a boxter and be neck to neck with the S...everthying else including some cayennes will blow you away (assuming equal drivers)!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I didn't mention any older porsches:

You'll beat:

Of the group above the most formidable would be the 944 turbo with the S2 and the 968 close seconds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
968 Turbo.. Z wouldn't stand a chance.. Rare in the US but there are some.

http://www.fast-autos.net/porsche/porsche968turbos.html

You will beat a 928 S4 but a GT or a GTS will give you a serious race. And if top speed is involved you will get beat. A stock 928 S4 did 171 at Bonneville in '87.

The 944 Turbo S will beat the Z as well in 0-60 and top speed.

So pretty much avoid any turbos.

Z-Stalker

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I tried gt2 once , ... no I didnt think I would beat the guy , still it was lots of fun... I also raced few ferraris on different occasions , few boxters... of course not on residential streets , only highways :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Originally posted by thrlskr@Oct 22 2004, 06:20 PM
I didn't mention any older porsches:

You'll beat:

Of the group above the most formidable would be the 944 turbo with the S2 and the 968 close seconds.

My dad has a porsche 911(993) convertible, in stock form we are just about even. But since he put a chip in it, holy horse dung. That thing is fast for Naturally Aspirated.

The ony porsches to really fear are any 911 turbo, the 928 which has a V8 and the 944 S2 turbo.

All others you will most likely stay even or beat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts