Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, folks... I'm already getting questions. So, I thought I would start an "official" thread for the event.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE... only post in this thread if you have a question about the event which, if answered, would benefit everyone. I'd like for this to be a thread for me to answer question as the organizer of the event and to make official announcements pertaining to the event.

If you have a particular question, it can be directed to me via PM.

If you just want to banter about the event or make plans with other forum members, please look for one of the other threads about the event. There's a good one here...
http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/ZDAYZ-eventand33-t11617.html

JAYSEN/JOSH: Can you sticky this thread someplace appropriate?

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First set of questions I've pulled from another thread...

Time to put on my official event organizer cap and answer some questions...

they can "tell" me how good it is? How about getting me a copy? :cheers:
I'll have it with me at the Raleigh show this weekend. If you like it, I can burn a copy there.

Now - on to more pressing issues.

How about some more info on the intinerary for the weekend?
ZDayZ activities schedule we be posted much closer to the event... probably around March or so.

Do we tackle the Tail in a casual manner - vis a vie - at our leisure?
Drive the Dragon as you like. We ask two simple things... #1 - above all else, be safe. There is no need to do something stupid or to drive beyond your ability. The road is not going anywhere and you will have all weekend to drive. Keep in mind, this is still a public road and you should observe driving laws as you would anywhere else. #2 - Be mindful of other drivers... there will be a lot of Zs, a lot of bikes, and a lot of local residents around all weekend. Treat them as you would have them treat you.

Or - is there some sort of competition: timed runs?
Not a chance... and if we find out someone is organizing such activities on their own, I will call the local authorities myself.

How about the Law? What's their position? Are they laid back, or do they saturate the Tail with Micowaves?
Enforcement on the Dragon is typically not too heavy handed. They seem to come down on bikes harder than cars. One thing is, because it is very tight and windy, you won't often have an opportunity to speed anyway. When police are there, they seem to crack down on double yellow violations very hard... much moreso than speeding. Again, you should be mindful of traffic laws as you would anywhere else.

Will we have to negotiate normal traffic while on the Tail? (the Blue Ridge Parkway is great- unless you get behind 5 or 10 motorhome/buses chugging along pulling Suburbans behind)
Yes... it is a public road. The good news is you probably won't see very many motorhomes, buses, or semis. The biggest hazzard to enjoying the road are Harley riders. The locals generally will let you pass when an appropriate pull off comes up. Most race style bikes are going to be moving faster than you. But Harley/cruising bikes will move slowly (sometimes dangerously slowly) over the Dragon and often WILL NOT get out of your way for anything.

On the plus side, the Dragon gets a lot of press, but there are dozens of great roads to drive in the Deal's Gap area and many of the others have much lighter traffic. Still, if you get up early, you should be able to get a few good Dragon runs in before the crowd arrives.

Are there places along the Tail for us to pull off and get some good pics or video of Z'ers Zooming by?
Yes, in fact, there are those that make a living doing just this... www.killboy.com. This year, ZDayZ will be employing our own photographer to do this and I'm sure many attendees will do the same.

Can/Will we play poker? :irock:
At ZDayZ 2005, we had a free Texas Hold'em tournament where we gave out door prizes and prizes to the final round of players. If any other card games are going on (especially if the are not free and just for fun), I don't want to know about them.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Andy, pm or email me info in regards to becoming a sponsor. I'm a GC, so my business isn't car related, but I could be a sponsor or sponsor some prizes. I'm not necessarily looking for advertisement, I mainly just want to help the Z community any way I can.

Unless you work for the IRS, in that case, I wish to advertise with Zdayz :doh: :wink: :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
How about some more "common" questions for you:

1. How much is it going to cost me to attend ZDayZ 06?

2. Do I HAVE to register for the car show or can I just expect to show up & enter?

3. What does my attendance fee cover? Car Show fee?

4. When do I need to make reservations by to ensure that I get a room at FVR?

5. How does the registration process work?

6. When do I need to register by?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Nice questions?

Since I live in S. FL. When would I have to leave here to meet up with u people? WHere would I meet u people again?

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about some more "common" questions for you:

1. How much is it going to cost me to attend ZDayZ 06?
That depends on what activities you include. This is by no means definitive, but should give folks a quick and dirty...
  • Figure on a room for the weekend (probably 2 nights)... $70-$200 per night. Higher prices are for cabins that can be split among multiple attendees

• General Registration - $20 per person (this includes BBQ dinner on Friday and a cookout dinner on Saturday)

• Car Show - $20 (optional, but as usual we are trying to make it worth your while to enter)

• Event T-Shirts - $16 each ($18 at the event)

• Gas - $? depends on how many rides you take on the dragon. :wink:

Not including room and gas, figure you'll probably spend somewhere around $60 on ZDayZ itself. More if you bring guests or if you buy extra ZDayZ goodies.

2. Do I HAVE to register for the car show or can I just expect to show up & enter?
It is not a requirement to enter the car show. It is a lot of fun and a great excuse to pull all the Zs together at one time, tho. We also give out some nice stuff to car show entrants. If you are inclined to enter, we prefer you pre-register for the car show since this eases on site logistics. But, we can sign up entrants that weekend as well.

3. What does my attendance fee cover? Car Show fee?
As explained above, general registration is $20 per person and is required to participate in ZDayZ activities. Car Show entry is an additional $20. General registration covers Friday & Saturday dinners and some of the additional costs associated with running ZDayZ. We also plan to have goodies for all attendees and some just for car show registrants. So, some of the fees are soaked up putting those items together.

4. When do I need to make reservations by to ensure that I get a room at FVR?
This one I cannot answer. Rooms at Fontana Village Resort are blocked exclusively for ZDayZ attendees until the end of February. However, considering the amount of buzz that is **already** occurring, I would not be surprised if FVR starts filling up before that. Really, if you want your choice of room or cabin and you know you will be going, you should book your room as soon as possible. If FVR fills up, we will try to work out accommodation arrangements with some overflow locations.

5. How does the registration process work?
  1. Download our registration form from www.zdayzevents.com

2. Determine if you are bringing any guests, if you are entering the car show, and how many event t-shirts you want to pre-order.

3. Fill in the blanks and re-save the document

4. Email the completed form as instructed on the form and send registration payment via PayPal. alternate instructions are included if you need to mail the form with a check or money order

6. When do I need to register by?
Pre-registration (at a slight discount) is open until April 30th. After that, you will have to wait until ZDayZ weekend and just register onsite

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice questions?

Since I live in S. FL. When would I have to leave here to meet up with u people? WHere would I meet u people again?
When you leave will depend on who you meet with for the trip. As ZDayZ nears, you will be able to find posts on the ZDayZ ForumZ regarding ZDayZ caravans to help people get together for the drive.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Love that vid in the corner!

BTW, the site forum doesn't seem to be working. Is it me?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm completely under control.

How many days, exactly, until ZDayZ? :rolf2:

"something about drive the Tail as if it was any other public highway..." ??? Does that mean "observe all traffic laws?" Perhaps I'm having an Acid Flashback from Woodstock... :rolf2: Hel-lo?

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IMPORTANT: ZDAYZ CAR SHOW CLASS CHANGE!

To keep things inline with the other generations of Z and how we go about adding classes there, this year 5th Gen FI modified will be only for 350Z with added Forced Induction systems.

Forced Induction G35s will be part of the regular G35 modified class. If enough FI G35s pre-register for the car show, we will add another class that will be G35 FI Modified. This is consistent with our policy for adding car show classes and is the most fair way I can resolve concerns brought up by the 350Z community.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<div align="center">ZDayZ Registration[/b]

Following is the information you need to register for ZDayZ 2006. Unlike previous years, this year there will be a general registration fee. Don’t worry though. We have kept the overall ZDayZ cost about the same as last year. The slight increase you may notice is mainly being used to cover additional logistics costs and to allow us to provide two prepaid dinners instead of one. Ultimately, we felt this course would be the easiest for both attendees and event organizers.

Note that car show entry is a separate amount, as is t-shirt pre-order. The registration form is set up ‘ala carte’ style. Just select and pay for the items you want… no more, no less.

We’d also like to mention at this time, there will be some special items for those who pre-register (as opposed to waiting to register when they arrive) and for those who pre-register for the car show (again, as opposed to entering when they arrive). More details on these items will be provided in future newsletters.

Here is the pre-registration and on-site pricing information…

Participant Registration
Pre-reg = $20
At ZDayZ = $25

Guest Registration
Pre-reg = $20
At ZDayZ = $20

Car Show Entry
Pre-reg = $20
At ZDayZ = $22

Event T-Shirt Preorder
Pre-reg = $16
At ZDayZ = $18

As you can see, if you plan to attend, enter the car show, and buy a single t-shirt, you can save $9 by pre-registering. Not to mention you’ll get a few nice ZDayZ giveaways that those who wait until the weekend of the show to register may not receive. So get those registration forms in early!!!

Registration forms can be downloaded directly from the ZDayZ website at this link…
www.zdayzevents.com/!white_burgandy/wht_reg.htm

Also, if you are bringing guests, please remember to enter their names and screen names in the appropriate area of the registration form.

Thank you again for you interest in ZDayZ. I look forward too seeing many of you in May!

Andy Morris
ZDayZ Organizer
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Andy, last year there was a "flyer" that you sent out. Thats the only way I know to describe it. I think it had website, dates, sponsors, etc.... and was just 1 page. Will you be doing this again? There are some Z31, Z32, and Z33's around that I don't know that I would like to leave on their car under a wiper.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not final yet, but I figure I'd start the 'rumor' here first.

There's a very good chance we'll have TV coverage at ZDayZ this year! And I'm not talking about the local news team. Will post more if and when things are finalized. :irock:

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's not final yet, but I figure I'd start the 'rumor' here first.

There's a very good chance we'll have TV coverage at ZDayZ this year! And I'm not talking about the local news team. Will post more if and when things are finalized. :irock:
That would definitely be cool. Hopefully they only cover the Zdayz meet itself. As soon as the Dragon gets national TV coverage the local authorities will probably go ape **** and crack down big time. But its just a matter of time, I think.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, I know I'm new here, but this Zdayz sounds like so much fun that I have already booked my room at FVR. I'll be coming from Charleston, SC so if anyone is going to be coming through here let me know. I have a co-worker that has a Z also. I'm gonna try to talk him into going as well.

-George

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.