Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Revised the downpipes and y pipes

OLD
Greddy cast o2 sensor housings 4lbs each, (-8lbs)
Stillen test pipes (around 4.5 each), (-9lbs)
Generic Y pipe (-11lbs)
Subtotal (-28lbs)

NEW
Downpipes 5.5lbs each (+11lbs)
Y pipe (11lbs)
Added misc heat wrap (3lbs)
Subtotal (25lbs)

net -3lbs

2986lbs - 3lbs = 2983lbs

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
It’s been a hot minute but the car is down to 2815lbs … and it might be a little lighter than that but the game continues…

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Probably the greddy twin kit and went to the custom front mount. Went from 20ft to 25ft of stainless steel & aluminum headers/downpipes/Ypipe/midpipe/muffler to a crazy header and about 2ft of 4” stainless. Charge pipe setup was drastically reduced. Probably a net zero gain on turbo weight, Greddy’s intercooler was relatively heavy compared to the treadston 1245 and I went from that pretty large C&R Racing radiator to a much smaller unit.

finally pulled the trigger on a dry carbon hatch and found a set of (used) fiberglass/cf doors.

Also fell in love with a set of V1 Track Wheels … still cant believe how much I like them

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
Probably the greddy twin kit and went to the custom front mount. Went from 20ft to 25ft of stainless steel & aluminum headers/downpipes/Ypipe/midpipe/muffler to a crazy header and about 2ft of 4” stainless. Charge pipe setup was drastically reduced. Probably a net zero gain on turbo weight, Greddy’s intercooler was relatively heavy compared to the treadston 1245 and I went from that pretty large C&R Racing radiator to a much smaller unit.

finally pulled the trigger on a dry carbon hatch and found a set of (used) fiberglass/cf doors.

Also fell in love with a set of V1 Track Wheels … still cant believe how much I like them
Nice- any idea of what static weight balance is for your Z currently?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Not 100% but with the lighter turbo setup (although it's sitting in front of the engine) I moved the battery, radiator, and water meth to the hatch ... I need to find some corner scales

121 - 128 of 128 Posts