Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand there is a difference in the OEM shocks. I'm getting ready to replace mine (hopefully find a set of barely used shocks from someone who upgraded) and want to make sure I get the right thing, but cannot find any detailed info on OEM replacements.

At what point did the OEM shock specs change? 04? 04.5? 05? Does anyone have part numbers for the different items.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Poking around online. If you buy OEM parts online you will see the front shocks are labled 03-04 ... or 2005. Those are the only two I see listed, but there are not part numbers associated with them.

They are $140 each.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
If you're upgrading and replacing, why don't you get some KYB shocks or something better than OEM. Would OEM shocks work better with your B+G springs?

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poking around online. If you buy OEM parts online you will see the front shocks are labled 03-04 ... or 2005. Those are the only two I see listed, but there are not part numbers associated with them.
Well, that's a start. I knew '05s were different from '03s. What I'm trying to determine is when the change occurred. Was it 04.5 or 05?

If you're upgrading and replacing, why don't you get some KYB shocks or something better than OEM. Would OEM shocks work better with your B+G springs?
Because I'm going to try to get the OEM shocks used. Other shock replacements are much more expensive. I'd like to find someone who quickly upgraded and put the newer model shocks on my car to replace my '03 shocks. My current round of car money is already allotted... must upgrade fuels system, have a bent rim to fix, etc, etc. I won't have enough to buy brand new aftermarket shocks at the end of it.

Oh, and the B+G springs are coming off. I'm switching to RS*Rs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts