Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03' touring Z with stock 18's, are the front and rear rims the same size?

Will putting 225/45R18 on all four have any ill effects? (snow tires, figured I could get more life out of them this way by rotating them)

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
They are staggered, wider in the rear....don't think you can fit same size on front and back....and you might want to PM BuZam here, he made up a nifty weight thingy to put in the spare tire area for the winter for extra weight in the rear. You will need all the help you can get driving the Z in the snow. And you can't rotate like a regular car, the tires for the Z are unidirectional. Have to take the tires off the wheels and only swap side to side. Just FYI :lol:

Original Equipment Front 225/45-18

Original Equipment Rear 245/45-18

from tirerack.com.....or you could consider buying a cheapy set of steel wheels and get them the same width front and back if that is your plan to get 4 same sized tires...:dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I read somwhere that the rims were 18x8 front and back. It is just the tires that are staggered. The reason I want same size all around is to rotate the fronts to the back when they start to feather

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, I was just reading in the FAQ and it said "To keep the TCS/VDC in the 350Z happy, the back tire must be taller than the front." Can someone please elaborate on this? what kind of problems will I have with the same size tires front and back?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I thought I read somwhere that the rims were 18x8 front and back. It is just the tires that are staggered. The reason I want same size all around is to rotate the fronts to the back when they start to feather
You're absolutely correct. The Touring wheels are 18x8 front and back. On the other hand, the Track wheels made by Ray's Engineering are 18x8 front, 18x8.5 rear.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
how will the tcs/vdc be affected by having the same height tires front and rear?

Beacause it's different from stock and stock sizes are the values it's made to correct from. Not sure if a little bit will bother you or just throw the slip light on unintentionally. :dunno: Depends on the variance of the OEM systems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.