Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. About a month ago I purchased her. Runs great up until a week ago. Had corrosion on my battery and was told I would need a new battery. Got that. I was in the process of having some underbody lights installed. So, I took it next door and was told my battery needed replaced, Did that. My lights were not directly connected to the battery post but on some other part. Anyway, I was having problems turning the lights off so I disconnected it totally. About a week later. my car would not start. I jumped it and took it to Nissan. Was told it was PROBABLY my cables. 325 dollars later it started up just fine for 1 day. I had to jump it this morning and as soon as it turns off, it will not without another jump. I use my little starter device and it starts right up. Today I hear this odd sound once I turn it off.https://studio.youtube.com/video/XFuUdp1RFAY/edit any ideas? Taking it back tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
1,612 Posts
Since you took it to a Nissan dealer and paid $325 for the repair, I agree with your move to take it back. You mentioned underbody lights being indirectly connected and this can create some electrical problems. Keep this post updated and let us know what the assessment is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since you took it to a Nissan dealer and paid $325 for the repair, I agree with your move to take it back. You mentioned underbody lights being indirectly connected and this can create some electrical problems. Keep this post updated and let us know what the assessment is.
Thanks so much. Nissan could only find that the battery was bad. Brand new battery. I took it back and sure enough it was bad. Prior to taking it back I purchased a brand new battery from a different place. Drove the battery to autozone for a refund. I got it. Went back to my car, and the brand new battery I purchased 30 min earlier was dead. I jumped it, took it home, turned it off and of course it would not start. I notice my door chimes did not come on, the trunk release will not work, I let it run 15min. I then decided , to check the lights. Soon as I turned them on, the car died again. I am so lost. Both auto places checked the alternator, both said it's not that and no other codes are coming up.

·
Super Moderator
1,612 Posts
Take a break and think about it before you jump into anything else. SOMETHING is draining your battery and I think the dealer has the best chance of figuring it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take a break and think about it before you jump into anything else. SOMETHING is draining your battery and I think the dealer has the best chance of figuring it out.
Maybe I will find another Nissan dealer in another city. It could be the mechanics. I just need it fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts