Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OBD2 connection won't connect to a reader and ideas why.... I check the fuses to the ones I think it may be they seem fine... Or could it be another electrical problem... I'm far from a electrical guy. So any advice would help thx. And it's all a JDM car...
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,279 Posts
What kind of code reader are you using? Can you provide any more details on your Z (ie. year mileage, mods) that might help us with some educated guesses?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is 130000 kms on it. It's as stock as can be no mods YET.... The reader is a wifi super OBD mini( it supports all OBD2 protocols).... there is some Japanese card reader also installed in my car for the Japanese tolls.....

·
Super Moderator
1,279 Posts
Before you go crazy trying to troubleshoot your Z's diagnostic system, I'd go to a direct wired OBD2 reader to see if you can pull codes. With that toll reader, is your Z a used JDM model?

·
Super Moderator
1,279 Posts
Have you tried a direct wired OBD2 code reader yet? The OBD2 diagnostic link is usually very reliable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I jus did today and it won't connect... Says some like "won't establish communication" and that I need to check the DLC connector...I have a pic of my connector and the pin formation... I think I may need a Japanese OBD reader I believe.....

·
Super Moderator
1,279 Posts
Yes- it's most likely a software issue. You should try a JDM OBD2 reader and hope you can read the data.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya I jus order a JOBD/OBD2/EOBD universal one from eBay. Good for Japanese/European/american
cars... including the nissan and others for JDM....thx for all you intake.....very much appreciated man....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts