Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some NX Nitrous pics for all you peps out there thinking of a Nitrous kit. Hopefully these pics will help you better visualize where certain things can go and get a better overall view of NX.

Pictures here are of my Purge Solenoid, Tach Adapter, nitrous lines that I combined in union to place the purge solenoid wherever I wanted, and my NX RPM Window Switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These pics are of my NX relay, fuel solenoid with a NX Fuel Pressure Safety Switch attached to it, my fuel line tap, and the sickest purge ever.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these pics are of rubber grommets that I used to protect the nitrous lines, my nitrous and purge switches, protective wire loom to disguise nitrous line visibility, and my NX bottle with a custom floorboard.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These pics are of my NX fogger with custom XRP angles, custom purge exits on both sides, my mounted WOT switch, and the nitrous solenoid.

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
were does the purge exit from? I can not tell form the pic?

~Z~

PS - set up looks very nice. with the exception of the bottle in the hatch. How hard is it to tell that you have it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just posted a pic of the purge exit. Hopefully that will help you out. If I was pulled over and the cop asked to see under my hood, I would feel pretty confident about the lack of visability of a nitrous kit. I spent a lot of time trying to disquise it.

Originally posted by Zach@Jul 20 2005, 09:50 PM
were does the purge exit from? I can not tell form the pic?

~Z~

PS - set up looks very nice. with the exception of the bottle in the hatch. How hard is it to tell that you have it?
[snapback]134941[/snapback]​

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it is in the fender well.

Originally posted by Zach@Jul 20 2005, 10:00 PM
is that the fender well? I see the picture just can not tell what it is exaclty.

Thanks

~Z~
[snapback]134945[/snapback]​

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just finished the install and only tried a 75 wet shot. It felt pretty gnarly. I am very satisfied. I have not had it dynoed. I believe that the NX shots are pure rwhp. If I choose to go any higher in shots, i may have to get a Greddy Emanage or something to adjust some ratios, retarding..etc.

Originally posted by JTS2005@Jul 20 2005, 10:05 PM
what size shot are you runing and have you dynoed it?
[snapback]134947[/snapback]​

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
let us know when somebody wants to race you, i would like to hear the outcome.

How much did you pay for install or did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did the install myself. It seemed intimidating at first, but when it comes down to it, it's fairly straightforward. The only difficult parts are the customizing, such as how to get the wot switch under the petal, the relocation of my purge solenoid for the location and purge area I wanted, and wondering where and how to get the switches in place. The wiring is a little intricate, but I did it my first try with no really great experience going into it. Checking for nitrous leaks was a pain. Use of thread sealer is key. do it right you're first time or it's a pain to take off and redo. Overall, the most difficult part is just getting acquainted with your car and seeing how you could go about it.

Originally posted by JTS2005@Jul 20 2005, 11:28 PM
let us know when somebody wants to race you, i would like to hear the outcome.

How much did you pay for install or did you do it yourself?
[snapback]134966[/snapback]​

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Looks like a nice install. This is the kit I was looking at and it helps to see the install. Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by JTS2005@Jul 20 2005, 11:10 PM
Did you get the wet kit  (part #?), and what other accessories did you buy as well?
[snapback]134975[/snapback]​

Looks like a wet kit considering that he tapped into the fuel line. I'd hide that bottle!

sean

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought a lot of goodies of my choice from the Gen X 2 kit. I got the liquid filled nitrous pressure guage, fuel pressure safety switch, purge system, purge plumming kit, NX RPM window switch, and Tach Amplifier. Check my signiture. I don't have any part #s at the moment.

Originally posted by JTS2005@Jul 21 2005, 12:10 AM
Did you get the wet kit  (part #?), and what other accessories did you buy as well?
[snapback]134975[/snapback]​

1 - 20 of 38 Posts