Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my car new, I had complained about a seat issue. I have a problem where I have to rock the seat to lock it in position. Lately I also noticed the seat had been moving during stop and go traffic. The $%^&* at Nissan kept denying there is a problem. Matter of fact, I just went to a BBB arbitiration with them last week ( dont know the result yet). Before I couldnt really show them the problem just because you have to own the car to know the problem, but I got pissed off at hte car earlier. I grabbed the front of the seat, I noticed the whole thing rocks up and down when i jerk it by the paddings. The rocking stops when I put the seat either all the way up or all the way down through the adjustment.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
this issue has been known along time and the fix has been out for awhile ... no need for BBB to get involved.

·
Registered
470 Posts
is it leather or cloth?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cloth Seat

I paid 30K for this piece of crap, I've been talking to them about this problem since it was new. They have repeatedly denied the existance of the problem. Even though I know the fix now (thanks for hte link), but I am probably not going to tell them. I will let the idiots take it and see what happens. In the short term, I think you can eliminate the problem by putting the seat all the way down

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
So rather than point the fix out to them, you'd rather cause yourself unnecessary stress and waste both your time and theirs? That's fvcked up

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
better than paying 30K and get this pos. I cant wait to sell this car, no more Nissan with me.

·
Registered
470 Posts
come on just cause of a **** seat? no more nissan to bad u think like that buddy

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by tmak26b@Jun 16 2005, 06:29 PM
better than paying 30K and get this pos.  I cant wait to sell this car, no more Nissan with me.
[snapback]115738[/snapback]​

and you are looking for better quality where? ford? gm? perhaps a ferrari will make you happy?

calm down man.. the z is an amazing car.. every car has a few minor problems

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am sorry, but i am not a Nissan a$$ kisser. I hate Nissan and I will gurantee you I am not going to get another one. I will sell it as soon as it makes more financial sense. Dont get me wrong, I do like the car a lot. The problem is that hte car is build like a 15K Focus than a 30K Japanese car. If I could return my car, I would gladly do it for a small fee (not a 7K premium that I have to pay at this point). I am not debating about the performance of the vehicle, i am talking about the quality of the car. Heck, a Mustang is cheaper, so a lower quality is expected.

Yes I got so pissed that I ordered a new car, so what? I will use the Z for track use only at this point. From the test drive and the rental that I got, my Porsche is build 10x better. Heck, my old MR2 turbo and Miata were built nicer than the Z for crying out loud. If you love your Nissan, that's great to hear. The only thing I can say is that this will be the last Nissan for me ever. It is nice to have people that know how to fix the problems with the car (the dealers will tell you to go f%^k yourself in the a$$)

·
Registered
543 Posts
I am starting to agree with tmak26b. Although I dont want to be as beligerent about it, it makes me crazy to think of all the problems my car... THESE cars have.

I pick up my car from the dealer for the third transmission on Friday.

I have feathering. My seat still shifts slightly even after I applied that fix. But I had taken it in twice to nissan to fix the seat and they flat out couldnt, even after replacing the seat rails completly.

I am taking out all my stereo equipment this weekend. Hopefully I can get Nissan to buy the hunk back. Either that or I have to sell it.

What more reliable car am I going to replace it with? Not sure yet, but I am thinking of getting the car I should have gotten to begin with - S2000.

I dont expect it to be perfect, but I also dont expect to be LAUGHED at when I am driving down the road and transmission grinds. Happened already. Didnt pay 30k for that.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Jul 13 2005, 11:56 AM
Sorry you guys seem to have many problems, I have not had one except the window motor crapping out but it was fixed under warranty....
[snapback]131395[/snapback]​

Not everyone does of course... or at least they dont notice them. I have noticed a lot of people mention how they misshift 2nd or 3rd gear and they have driven standards for x number of years without doing that...

but granted I say my car is a lemon... however I do seem to notice a fairly high percentage of Zs that I would also call lemons.

of course the BBB and NNA and TxDot may not agree with my opinion on lemons.

They usually want you to have gone through 4 transmissions I think before you can file a lemon law claim... but by then, I think I would have stormed the NNA offices with a shotgun trying to find the guy in charge of thier transmission replacements.

It just confounds me that they would replace the transmission so quickly, and replace it with the same transmission!

My theory is that this is Nissans attempt to produce an american type vehicle... you know, the one where its DESIGNED to wear out after 60k miles so that they can make $$ on parts and service?

However I think they goofed, and the parts are wearing out far faster in many cases.

I may be wrong, but I have that dread feeling, and I do not want to wait and see if its the case - to the tune of 3500 plus labor for a new transmission.

·
Registered
300 Posts
For the record, my car has had absolutely zero problems. No feathering, no seat problems, no window problems, no transmission problems. Nuf said.

I have had problems keeping everyone from staring in awe as I pass by :)

Sounds like you guys just need a better dealer not a better car. A bad dealer is a bad dealer regardless of what he is selling. Sorry for your bad luck guys.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Originally posted by LeMansEAKZ@Jul 13 2005, 02:47 PM
For the record, my car has had absolutely zero problems. No feathering, no seat problems, no window problems, no transmission problems. Nuf said.

I have had problems keeping everyone from staring in awe as I pass by :)

Sounds like you guys just need a better dealer not a better car. A bad dealer is a bad dealer regardless of what he is selling. Sorry for your bad luck guys.
[snapback]131547[/snapback]​

How could a better dealer help me? They have REPLACED the transmission twice, REPLACED my seat rails twice...

Its not the dealers fault, its Nissans in this case.

If it were the dealer I could go to another one.

Also, the Z has lost a lot of its flare in Austin, I typically see 3 or 4 on the way home to work usually driven by older women... no one ever waves back to me when I wave at their Z. They just look on. If I drive up next to them to play, they slow down or change lanes, and ignore me. I think they are also pissed at seeing so many Zs, perhaps.

Still the car is beautiful, but it no longer gets me looks... Austin has become saturated with them.

And even if it did, the only looks I get are people laughing at me for grinding the transmission. It happened not long before I brought it in for my third tranny.

Now, I know some of you have had perfect Zs, but just because you have had perfect Zs does not make the group of Zs as a whole perfect. You cannot deny the fact that far too many transmissions are being replaced, and the tire issue is worse than it should be, even on a sports car.

But you know, having someone tell you that all the problems with yuor car are your fault, or your imagination, or you being too picky, is down right infuriating.

I really hope none of you ever have to go through this. Its like this :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If someone would take over my payments, they can take the car. I now have two new rattles that I cant seem to find, argggg.

I doubt there is a perfect Z, some people just have really high tolerence. I sat in this guy's 03 this past weekend, he claimed he doesnt have any of the problems. I drove it, and couldnt get out of it fast enough. I usually stop talking to them about problems when they tell me they dont drive with the windows close or if they just turn up the radio

·
Registered
190 Posts
Did you ever call 1-800-nissan-1 for assistance with your DEALER? Its your dealer as you can clearly read in these and other threads, some have great dealers while others had nothing but bad ones. The dealer is not NISSAN and can purchase the replacement parts anywhere they want. How sure are you that they installed a brand new tranny?

Here comes the flames but I have close ties with Nissan from birth and I too have had issues with certain dealers - many lie cheat and steal from us but many do not. You have to find one that is honest and trustworthy as with any car dealership of any manufacturer. I actually had the service rep tell me that I needed an appointment for my new car service while he was standing under the sign that stated just the opposite, he ended up calling me names and I took my money elsewhere. I have never ben a fan of taking my car to a dealership for any repairs. I use a privately owned repair shop where the owner was an ex Nissan mech. Its the only car repair shop that I have seen that has thank you cards pasted all over the office walls.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dealt with both NMAC and 8 different dealers, they were all retarded. Gosh, cant wait to get rid of the car.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I have had feathering, several other TSB's applied and still enjoy my car more than ever. Having a sports car means issues and my dealer has been great at serving and taking care of my issues.

I have heard of some dealers not being as gracious, but it appears to me that for the most part things get taken care of with persistence.

personally, why not just invoke a lemon law and get out of the car if it makes you so darn miserable? where theres a will, there is a way!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.