Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just washed the car today.... However, i am just not satisfied with it. I read on this forum and also on the zaino packages that I should start with liquid dish wash to degrease the car. Did that... Then I used the other products that zaino has. Did that.
Dont get me wrong the car is shining but I dont think it is at its best.
Those **** bugs on the front wont come off. I feel like ripping the whole front bumper off and buying a new one. Does anyone know of a solution that can be used to get the dried bugs off the car? I mean its really bad. I dont want to cover up the bumper bc that will not solve the problem however my car looks like its been attacked by those freaking bugs!!! I am so annoyed to the point I dont even want to drive the car today. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Please help.......

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
there is a pretty big history on z forums to read through regarding the front bumper paint. To summarize:

nissan's OEM paint sucks.

Ok a little more expansion: Most likely your paint is already damaged and you have little chips and smears that are permanent damage to your paint. If this is the case, the best solution is to buy a new bumper and get it painted by a quality shop. If you are considering a body kit, then this is not a big deal. After having my car for a little over a year the bumper looks like someone took sandpaper to it.. It is really THAT bad.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
After having my car for a little over a year the bumper looks like someone took sandpaper to it.. It is really THAT bad.
Yeah, but you live in Dallas which has a lot of sand and bugs. I don't think it's that bad in Miami.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
david there might not be sand around but driving on the sawgrass..... the name alone says it all. There's nothing but freaking bugs flying around as big as birds.... well maybe not that big.... but they are huge. And its like they know that a car is coming so they fly right into them. I call them suicide bugs because they do it on purpose. And when u are on the way to where ever it is ur going you cant stop to wash the car by time the miami sun comes out and dry those suckers into ur paint thats it!!! I want to take a freaking knife and scrape their melted goo off my car but I fear I may be writing nonsense on my bumper with the knife. I think I may have to replace it like what toykilla says because there are also paint chips on the bumper from FREAKING ROCKS!!! I HATE HIGHWAYS!!! well i just hate everyone else driving on the highway when i am on it...... :irock:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
david there might not be sand around but driving on the sawgrass..... the name alone says it all. There's nothing but freaking bugs flying around as big as birds.... well maybe not that big.... but they are huge. And its like they know that a car is coming so they fly right into them. I call them suicide bugs because they do it on purpose. And when u are on the way to where ever it is ur going you cant stop to wash the car by time the miami sun comes out and dry those suckers into ur paint thats it!!! I want to take a freaking knife and scrape their melted goo off my car but I fear I may be writing nonsense on my bumper with the knife. I think I may have to replace it like what toykilla says because there are also paint chips on the bumper from FREAKING ROCKS!!! I HATE HIGHWAYS!!! well i just hate everyone else driving on the highway when i am on it...... :irock:
:lol: I know what you mean. When I was in Miami in July, I couldn't believe the traffic. At least the cars stay warm... :poke:

I think you should spray the front with tar and bug remover, clay it, wash it, then wax it. Should look good afterwards. As long as you keep the front sufficiently covered with wax or polymer sealant, it should be easy to clean next time.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the paint is chipped from rocks but i have noticed that the paint is stripping where the plastic grille is... i think i may need to take it back in and have nissan repaint it. maybe i should just spend the money for a new bumper.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
the paint is chipped from rocks but i have noticed that the paint is stripping where the plastic grille is... i think i may need to take it back in and have nissan repaint it. maybe i should just spend the money for a new bumper.
take it to someone else to paint it. nissan is going to charge that much more to get the same job done. also, nissan isn't going to pay for it. if you're going to re-paint it...take it somewhere else...not nissan :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the heads up :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts