Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Looks good I'm not a big fan of the angled tips though. What would this system do on a na car.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by sw150@Jul 25 2005, 06:15 PM
Looks good I'm not a big fan of the angled tips though.  What would this system do on a na car.
[snapback]137092[/snapback]​

+1

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
APS' 2.5" TD would be a better choice for N/A 350Z's.

Thanks for posting the information, Peter.

I bet it will be very promising for high hp 350Zs.

Personally, I don't like the look of it, though. (that is what deterred me away from it) Just my opinion. I'll be going with a custom SSR-Engineering setup (2 HKS Carbon Ti mufflers with straight-tips, 3", mandrel-bent piping, not sure on the material yet, true-dual).

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Originally posted by 24boosted@Jul 25 2005, 08:55 PM
Will you have one with a high flow cat? I don't want the polar ice caps to melt anymore from the straight pipe.  lol.  Will be going turbo but it wont be on high boost.
[snapback]137106[/snapback]​

It's a cat-back setup. I wouldn't mind if APS made a set of cats either. ;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I think this is a great exhaust.

I think people are concerned with the angled tips because the company Injen came out with an angled tip duel exhaust. They had to redesign it eventually because it was too close or rubbing slightly on the rear bumper where the hole cutouts are for the stock exhaust. After time, the rear bumper started to turn black from exhaust smoke and was actually melting/cracking in some cases. Ever since then, a straight tip design seemed to be the best setup for avoiding this.

As for me, I have confidence that APS will have a better tolerances and that your exhaust will not be rubbing at all, plus I would rather have less bends in the exhaust anyway. I will also be running an aftermarket rear bumper and I will make sure that the holes are cut out in the right place to avoid any potential problems.

Unfortunately, the 3.5" test pipes only work with the APS TT kit, they are not made to swap out with the OEM cats.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
how about not angled with a burnt tip
that would be awsome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts