Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
A sydney meet is overdue anyway!

How about we at least get together for a cuppa or something in the next week or so?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm keen for a meet but, I'm starting new job this Monday and I'm not sure what the workload is going to be like. I'm also going to drop off my car at nissan and get them to fix few things under warranty, so it's hard for me to tell when I'm going to get the car again.

·
Registered
303 Posts
How about next Sat? Not sure on place and time but I'm not fussed.

·
Registered
303 Posts
How about a lunch and then a short drive?

I have something on at 10am for a couple hrs but i'm good after that.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Where did you meet last time?
We could organise this for another time.. i'm crook today anyway so I'm not fit for a good drive!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont know how much you've read on it or not so i'll just give the full answer. Dont feel you have to read it if you know what im talking about. :)

I mentioned it as one of the reasons I wanted the ATS unit as it was starting to appear before I put the new diff in. Once the viscous fluid gets sheered it’s useless, it loses its ability to thicken and transfer power from one wheel to the other when one spins. Using larger tyres is one way to stuff it, if one wheel spins more work is required by the diff to transfer the power across, the fluid cant manage the extra work required and it gets sheered by the plates as they, and the one wheel, continue to spin against the fluid which is trying to thicken. You can also stuff the diff in the same way with normal tyres if you are hard on it, that’s why they aren’t used in motor sport.

If I turn 90 degrees or more and accelerate one wheel will spin, if I go into a corner quick and accelerate out one wheel will spin, if the weight transfers while accelerating one wheel will spin. This makes it very unpredictable. You would need to replace the viscous fluid to fix it but that wont stop it from happening again.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts