Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone? i have a funny noob question...plz help
Has anyone done the auto to stick conversion?HA reason i ask, is i will be taking over the lease on an 04 silverstone AUTO :lame: and i have the funds to make the change..was wondering if anyone has done it could educate me a bit...
thanks in advance!

Slim

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
:welcome:

IMO, its just not worth it. why dont you trade it in for a stick, its worth a shot to see what kind of deal you can get

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by lukytry@Jan 6 2005, 07:26 PM
Whats up everyone? i have a funny noob question...plz help
Has anyone done the auto to stick conversion?HA reason i ask, is i will be taking over the lease on an 04 silverstone AUTO :lame:  and i have the funds to make the change..was wondering if anyone has done it could educate me a bit...
thanks in advance!

Slim

I would like to, but thats why its being givin to me! its only one year into the lease and im in the hole!!! i figure if its relativly cheep 2-3k id think of doing the conversion!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well, have you driven it? I love :wub: my 5AT, use the manual mode all the time! Then, if I have to take a call, slap the stick over to auto and boom, you are good to go! Stock 6MT, stock 5AT you would be surprised how even the numbers would be given the same controls (driver, course, weather etc)...just a thought. :dunno: What ever floats your boat tho, it's all about how you want your Z to be, although I've never heard of anyone doing the swap yet in my carousing thru the forums.....Good Luck and :welcome: Stick around! You will have fun and learn a lot here!!! :wavey:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
This topic has been discussed before. THe conversion requires swapping a lot more than just the tranny. As long as you have that Z, you're stuck with a 5AT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input and welcome!! the car is excelent, i love it! i was thinking with a possabilty of boost a stick would have been nice...hows the tranny for 7-8 psi?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
****, if you're going to do that, you might as well go for this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this seems like a tiptronic of some sort? how would this work in coraltion with the stock tiptroinc i have now?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Well, if you keep the AT and install this kit, you'll be able to switch to manual mode and shift on the steering wheel instead of using your hand down at the shift knob.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by lukytry@Jan 6 2005, 09:56 PM
this seems like a tiptronic of some sort? how would this work in coraltion with the stock tiptroinc i have now?

Still does not have the same effect..as slaming in nerul and throwing some revs down and dumping the clutch at 4k and letting go!! :) i would never spend 1800 just to shift at my steering wheel!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Well then, I suggest following jinxxy's advise and drive the auto for a while, see how you like it, maybe take it as far as the warranty life, then go ahead and switch to manual if you still want to. I know that you'd have to do a major overhaul of the entire system, but keep in mind that if you ever want to sell it, autos seem to have a better resale value to commuters.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jan 6 2005, 10:30 PM
Well then, I suggest following jinxxy's advise and drive the auto for a while, see how you like it, maybe take it as far as the warranty life, then go ahead and switch to manual if you still want to.  I know that you'd have to do a major overhaul of the entire system, but keep in mind that if you ever want to sell it, autos seem to have a better resale value to commuters.

true,im sure im gonna have to live with it!sure is nice to join a board where everyone is sivalized...thanks for the tips!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by lukytry+Jan 6 2005, 11:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Jan 6 2005, 10:30 PM
Well then, I suggest following jinxxy's advise and drive the auto for a while, see how you like it, maybe take it as far as the warranty life, then go ahead and switch to manual if you still want to.  I know that you'd have to do a major overhaul of the entire system, but keep in mind that if you ever want to sell it, autos seem to have a better resale value to commuters.

true,im sure im gonna have to live with it!sure is nice to join a board where everyone is sivalized...thanks for the tips!!

That's what we're here for! :cheers:

Oh, I forgot to say :welcome: to the site.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Welcome. Not much else I can say since your questions have been answered. Hope to see you stick around here. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts