Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello first off, and i have been lurking around this site for a while but now i need assistance.

i bought a 2003 350z m6 track edd. with a blown engine. i bought a 05 engine and dropped it in.. the coolant temp gauge is STUCK on H (hot) and the needle doesnt move.. and by that i meen when the car is off and hasnt been ran, temp on my scanner reads 383 degrees i run the engine for a few min and it doesnt move and my scanner doesnt change... so im throwin 2 codes. one P1217 coolant to hot and p0444 evap bullshit. i just need to know why my gauge is stuck on hot. its really f-ckin me up here... THE CAR IS NOT OVERHEATING... something is going on with the gauge or PCM. or ecu.
as soon as i turn the key on the needle goes right to Hot and doesnt move:xZ!o:

ive swapped throttle bodies n mafs n thermostats, ive reset codes from scanner AND did the crazy nissan pcm reset. which i actualy got to work lol after the 6th time trying it. also the 4 blade fan motor is broke. (passenger side) and by broke i meen its fuct, i need a new one.

Idles great but as ive read here its in LIMP mode, will idle up to 2000 just fine but then acts like it has a 2-step and bounces between 1900 n 2200rpm..

Before anyone bashes this thread or says REPOST i have looked around and havnt seen anything like this issue. haha
im almost wishing i wouldnt have stumbled on this deal and just kept going with my 93 and 96 camaro Z28s but this car looked pretty wicked and the price was good so i stopped working on those two and jumped into this with the DOMESTIC mentality. just too much BS as of now with these small issues.

Any info at this point would be great thank you for any help.

mods. greddy exhaust, lowered, stage 3 clutch, nismo **** all over the car, nismo CAI, brimbo brakes, i would post pics if there were a quick uploader. i figured this forum being so big would have one. if there is please pm me. im on a bunch of other forums and im unable to find one here.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
No idea, that's weird, but for the most part, no one on this site bashes an educated post like this one... that would be the 'other' site...

Welcome to tech, and I'm sure someone around here will have an idea... my guess would have to be the ECU, since it cannot be the engine overheating when it's not even on.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Which engine did you get............the VQ35DE or VQ35HR? Both motors were used during the 2005 model year and I think they require a different ECU.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Did you replace the temperature sensor? Check to make sure it's actually plugged in? The thermostat isn't a digital sensor, just a flow valve.

~Pat

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Temp sensor was my first guess too. Maybe because it is the simplest thing to check and easiest/cheapest to replace. Or the gauge itself could be bad although I doubt that.
And welcome to Tech, as mentioned above this isn't the "other site" lol. :cheers:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Imo.. Sounds like an electrical or hard ware issue..

If the gauge was working fine before, I'll disregard hard ware issue. The only thing that comes to mind is when you turn off the car, the gauge should move.

Did you buy an 05' rev-up engine? And did it come with the engine harness and ecu? If your using the 03' harness or ecu, this could be the problem.

Check connectors and wire diagram with anything that has to do with the oil pump, thermostat, and radiator. Compare them to the other engine diagram and see if they are identical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
SOLUTION... in any domestic car specaily an F BODY, NO PLUG IS THE SAME!! well i found out that the egr and the temp sensor are the same and i had them backwards. i ended up calling the owner of "Turbo Toys" in tampa to come take a look because i would have NEVER thought that plugs would be the same or that i could get those two backwards.

Thank you for your advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ALSO. i only had to change the 2 front o2 sensors to match the 03 harness which i used from the old engine. everything else is the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SOLUTION... in any domestic car specaily an F BODY, NO PLUG IS THE SAME!! well i found out that the egr and the temp sensor are the same and i had them backwards. i ended up calling the owner of "Turbo Toys" in tampa to come take a look because i would have NEVER thought that plugs would be the same or that i could get those two backwards.

Thank you for your advice.
350Z dont have Egr valves

1 - 10 of 10 Posts