Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this is my first sports car, and first stick shift.. My question is: is it bad for the car to be racing all the time.. I drive this thing like crazy, basically every stop light, i just blast off, and highway i like to mess around and drop it in 4th and such and punch it for no reason.. Should OI slow down a bit and only do it from time to time, or can the car handle it??

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Lets see. Did you just get the car within the past few days? If so, then I would say yes and you should break in the car for a few hundred miles without beating on it.

If you have had this for a while and or it already had miles on it, then I would say have fun. This engine is very reliable and will always come through when asked. One thing to consider is that you should probably change out your engine oil to synthetic. Other than that, the only thing you have to worry about is normal maintenance.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets see. Did you just get the car within the past few days? If so, then I would say yes and you should break in the car for a few hundred miles without beating on it.

If you have had this for a while and or it already had miles on it, then I would say have fun. This engine is very reliable and will always come through when asked. One thing to consider is that you should probably change out your engine oil to synthetic. Other than that, the only thing you have to worry about is normal maintenance.

Great that is just what I wanted to hear, yeah i wasnt to bad on it the first few hundred miles, I have bout 1200 miles on it now.. So much fun!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
An interesting question.

Yes - every machine is designed for a certain amount of "use."

We don't know - specifically - how you drive your car - so how can we give you an authoritative reply?

Everything wears. So - the more you "drive" your car - the more your brakes, drivetrain, etc. will wear.

I've ridden with people who don't know how to drive a car aggressively without putting unecessary strain on the engine/drivetrain. (most people!) Ex: Launching from a dead stop with a 4k clutch drop. This car's rear suspension isn't designed for drag racing. See - Mustang Live Axle....

Bottom line - it's your ride - treat it as you like. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
the harder you drive it, the more maintenance will be required. Just keep that in mind. My rotors were destroyed at 30k miles.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
An interesting question.

Yes - every machine is designed for a certain amount of "use."

We don't know - specifically - how you drive your car - so how can we give you an authoritative reply?

Everything wears. So - the more you "drive" your car - the more your brakes, drivetrain, etc. will wear.

I've ridden with people who don't know how to drive a car aggressively without putting unecessary strain on the engine/drivetrain. (most people!) Ex: Launching from a dead stop with a 4k clutch drop. This car's rear suspension isn't designed for drag racing. See - Mustang Live Axle....

Bottom line - it's your ride - treat it as you like. :shiftdrive:

:werd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts