Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color are the stock calipers when the car is new (non brembo models)? I just noticed both of my front calipers are really gold tinted. What do you think it is caused by, heat or is that hte color they came in with?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's odd for non Brembo. I know the Brembo's are a goldish color, but the stock calipers are plain gray. Heat should not be making them change colors.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Weird.. I'm guessin you road-course the Z, not autocross. Sounds like the heat only a repeated 100mph to 30mph session can do.
I just checked mine as I have been to two road course track events, and mine are still silver. :dunno: I know that on peptidbond's brembos, the lettering (red) has turned black from track events and the heat. :lol:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nope, been like that since i first track them. My friend's theory is that the stock calipers were painted with a special coating (not environmental friendly), it could be the layer of coating i am seeing right there. Who knows...

Just for a kick, let see what the guy at the Nissan dealer would say. My rubber booty on the caliper is ripped anyway..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.