Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the loudest squeal started coming out. A lot louder than the usual low squeal from this kit. I dont know if the hotter temperatures here in SOuthern Cali have anything to do with it or what but can anyone tell me what I can do to get rid of this. It is so embarassing!!!!!!!!!!. Any quiter fluids I can add.
Its Louder when coming to a slow stop.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Get a can of brake-clean (its got a green top), and give the disc area a good spray. Check pads, could be the wear indicator making the noise. Other than that, just know that racing brakes squeal, its a fact of life. If it makes ya feel any better, GT cars squeal when their brakes are cold too.. lol

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
+1, clean your brakes heavily with brake cleaner and also check your pads to make sure that they are not worn down all the way. That should quiet it down.

·
Registered
89 Posts
bet they still stop on a dime.. get the brake cleaner and thats it.. mine squeal a little bit when they are cold but thats its.. i would not worry about them since its unlikely that you have worn out the pads so soon

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got in contact with Stoptech's Lead Tech and he advised me about my previous issues that I had where the brake pedal was having to get pumped by me in order to get braking power, problem which is happening again. He advised me that it sounded like there was definitely an issue somewhere in there.

To start I would like to point out that Stoptech's customer service was extraordinary. When I advised him that my dealer had already bleed the lines for me and only made the problem go away for a few days but now its back, he called the dealer himself. I was suprised by them doing that. He stated that the way the Stoptech calipers needed to be bleed was not a regular way due to the angle that the caliper is mounted on this model of cars. The dealer however did do it like this.

He called me back and said he had made arrangements with the service manager for me to drop off the car today and he had advised the service manager of troubleshooting tips. I did just that and went for almost a 30 minute test drive but the brakes where working just fine. I did explain to them that the pedal loosing pressure is ocassional but it does happen a few times a day. I was really embarrased with the fact that I was there so concerned about something that I know does happen but it just was not doing it there and then. I have left the car overnight today and they where going to drive it a few times today and tomorrow to see if it did it or not.

Any one have any suggestions on what could be happening. Again, like I said in my previous posts..........when coming to a full stop the brake pedal feels like there is no pressure at all and falls all the way through until it hits the back metal behind the pedals and the car just slides into a slow stop. When noticing that it starts to do this I have to quickly let go of the brake pedal and then re-step on it and it will be hard as its supposed to be. The lines where bleed with a machine and also manually. That helped for a little while but problem is there again.

I would really appreciate you guys input. By the way the squeal is no gone and I have ordered some new pads that according to Stoptech promise to be a lot quieter if not silent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts