Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i never noticed it before, or i may not have had them before, but recently, whenever i go over dips or speed bumps at an angle, i notice my car creaks near the back. my car is less than 10 days old. anybody else have these sounds or might know what might be the problem? i def. dont want to drive if it if its not safe... thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
i hear things all the time in mine but if you think there may be a problem you may wanna get it checked out. goodluck

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a late '04 roadster and experirnce the same thing, a subtle creaking sound that appears to be coming from just behind the seats. I also heard other interior rattles, one from the passenger seat and another from the driver's side door panel. I will have these addressed next time the car is in for it's next scheduled oil change.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know on some vehicles it could actually be the unibody. What I mean by this is whenver you get a chance, look at some of your unibody seams, not the entire seam is welded. There is a small possibility where it flexes and it just rubs against each other. *long shot*

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I have some interior rattles but its more of an annoyance than anything.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Unibody's on most cars tend to creak when flexed, its natural. Also, the stress on the body would be greatest when going over a bump at an angle, of course this stress is minimal and your not hurting a thing by going over the bump at an angle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unibody's on most cars tend to creak when flexed, its natural. Also, the stress on the body would be greatest when going over a bump at an angle, of course this stress is minimal and your not hurting a thing by going over the bump at an angle.
thanks blackz, thats all i needed to hear :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts