Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Sh!t man, that sucks!!! it takes a very special reason for me to bring my Z into the city, and after these pics, I don't think she'll be going there anytime soon

·
Registered
44 Posts
if youd quit putting on lipstick in the car, this kinda thing wouldn't happen... :D

Sorry to see it bro, if it's any consolation, I put my driver door into a telephone pole at about 45-50mph.....totaling the car for a measly 8grand in damage.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Time to order that cool new aftermarket front bumper.....

S#cks! Richard might have some pointers, tho...

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear about the damage, LBSOHK.

·
Registered
232 Posts
see what happends when u let those hot chicks drive ur car lol any story on what happend.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Sorry about that man. I had something similar happen a couple months ago. It only took about 3 days to fix it. Such a long 3 days it was

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Oh, no, dude! I hope a cool aftermarket bumper will go on to match the hood! Sorry to see a Z in that condition. I hope no one was in the car...

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thx guys , I feel a little better although I still cant look her in the eyes
So I drive through Manhattan everyday , as I do 5 days a week for the last 5 years , or since I got a job in New Jersey , so Im pretty familiar with the city and basically I love driving through it..

This week we have the Republican Convention in the city , there are cops everywhere literally few cars per corner in the hot zone, the streets around Madison Sq Garden are closed... 4 lanes Avenues are made into 2 lanes with the other 2 ( far left and far right lane ) blocked of by cones for Police use only.. anyways , suprisingly the traffic is pretty light and you cant really tell the difference for missing 2 lanes...
Im driving 30 - 40 mph down 9th Avenue... Lights are sequential - driving at my speed will get you all the way down from 42th street to 10th street without braking too much and in no time...
So , im driving , and as Im getting closer to the next light , theres a Subaru waiting on the red ,I slow down a little and see the lights change to green - Subaru starts going and I catch up to him... all of the sudden guy brakes like crazy - I try to brake - dwnshift + looking for an escape in the right mirror ( car there - cant
) so as I hit the guy - I see the reason for his braking... some cop was crossing the avenue - no sirens - only lights ( great for use during the day
) and a cop on foot was stopping the traffic - would be good if I saw him... when I hit the Subaru I heard " ohhhh $hit " from the sidewalk based on that , I thought that my damage would be greater plus I saw my hood come up a little... guy in the subaru didnt even come out to see the damage of his car , he just stopped and asked me if I was ok.. physically I was , he was too ...
So
to the genius in the cop car who drives through the red lights without the siren on ..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
**** man, that sucks. Glad to hear both you and the Subaru guy were okay, and that he wasn't a complete dick about it.

I was noticing today how light the traffic around Penn Station was. I think a lot of people assume traffic's gonna be hellish, so they just stay away.

By the way, where in Jersey do you work?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was suprised the guy in subaru didnt even come out of his car...
traffic is very light all around the city , if all the lanes and streets were open it would be heaven...
I work in West New York NJ , 5 minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, I like driving through the city around 4am. The streets are pretty empty then and if you catch the lights, it's a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Yeah, I know where West New York is. It's like 10 minutes from my office, which is about 5 minutes from the GWB

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
So SORRY to see that, I hope you can get her fixed up good as new really soon. Is you insurance covering it? Any reports filed? Did you exchange information?

Oh yeah, and since you are so close to DiRN you have to meet up and teach him to apply lipstick too! J/K
Get pics of Z's together!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts