Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Sh!t man, that sucks!!! it takes a very special reason for me to bring my Z into the city, and after these pics, I don't think she'll be going there anytime soon

·
Registered
44 Posts
if youd quit putting on lipstick in the car, this kinda thing wouldn't happen... :D

Sorry to see it bro, if it's any consolation, I put my driver door into a telephone pole at about 45-50mph.....totaling the car for a measly 8grand in damage.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear about the damage, LBSOHK.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Sorry about that man. I had something similar happen a couple months ago. It only took about 3 days to fix it. Such a long 3 days it was

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Oh, no, dude! I hope a cool aftermarket bumper will go on to match the hood! Sorry to see a Z in that condition. I hope no one was in the car...

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thx guys , I feel a little better although I still cant look her in the eyes
So I drive through Manhattan everyday , as I do 5 days a week for the last 5 years , or since I got a job in New Jersey , so Im pretty familiar with the city and basically I love driving through it..

This week we have the Republican Convention in the city , there are cops everywhere literally few cars per corner in the hot zone, the streets around Madison Sq Garden are closed... 4 lanes Avenues are made into 2 lanes with the other 2 ( far left and far right lane ) blocked of by cones for Police use only.. anyways , suprisingly the traffic is pretty light and you cant really tell the difference for missing 2 lanes...
Im driving 30 - 40 mph down 9th Avenue... Lights are sequential - driving at my speed will get you all the way down from 42th street to 10th street without braking too much and in no time...
So , im driving , and as Im getting closer to the next light , theres a Subaru waiting on the red ,I slow down a little and see the lights change to green - Subaru starts going and I catch up to him... all of the sudden guy brakes like crazy - I try to brake - dwnshift + looking for an escape in the right mirror ( car there - cant
) so as I hit the guy - I see the reason for his braking... some cop was crossing the avenue - no sirens - only lights ( great for use during the day
) and a cop on foot was stopping the traffic - would be good if I saw him... when I hit the Subaru I heard " ohhhh $hit " from the sidewalk based on that , I thought that my damage would be greater plus I saw my hood come up a little... guy in the subaru didnt even come out to see the damage of his car , he just stopped and asked me if I was ok.. physically I was , he was too ...
So
to the genius in the cop car who drives through the red lights without the siren on ..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
**** man, that sucks. Glad to hear both you and the Subaru guy were okay, and that he wasn't a complete dick about it.

I was noticing today how light the traffic around Penn Station was. I think a lot of people assume traffic's gonna be hellish, so they just stay away.

By the way, where in Jersey do you work?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was suprised the guy in subaru didnt even come out of his car...
traffic is very light all around the city , if all the lanes and streets were open it would be heaven...
I work in West New York NJ , 5 minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, I like driving through the city around 4am. The streets are pretty empty then and if you catch the lights, it's a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Yeah, I know where West New York is. It's like 10 minutes from my office, which is about 5 minutes from the GWB

1 - 20 of 25 Posts