Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i have a 2008 350z hr. Long story short installed the cmat kit and a new wolf clutch and lighter flywheel. Drove the car for a good while and it was perfectly fine. Took it out for a cruise one day and i felt it losing power and kind of stuttering. Half way through the cruise i turned around cause it was missing and was kinda acting like it was in limp mode. I didn’t make it home. It literally just idled lower and lower till it shut off. It lost power and had no throttle. Took it to a supposed bigish z guy in our area and he had me throwing parts at it. Crank sensor, new oem maf sensors, new pedal assembly and a supposed “limp mode” he had to reset with his special Nissan tech computer. Supposedly the maf sensors fixed it and i picked it up from his garage. Drove it for 2 days back and forth to work and i let it go in neutral while driving and turned the key back to reset something. It wouldn’t start back. We checked everything the guy did and verified the maf sensor circuit is correct and reading properly. Checked the crank circuit. We just replaced the maf sensors under warranty with 2 new oem ones and no fire. You can smell the raw fuel in the exhaust so we assume no spark. We will be diving into it in the next week or so. Any help and or advice would be appreciated..

·
Super Moderator
1,736 Posts
With no codes, it means either the ECM is not operating or perhaps immobilizer has triggered? Are these the original keys, or have you had them replaced? Any kind of electrical problem always has me suspecting battery or ground problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With no codes, it means either the ECM is not operating or perhaps immobilizer has triggered? Are these the original keys, or have you had them replaced? Any kind of electrical problem always has me suspecting battery or ground problems.
We tried the immobilizer reset thing on youtube and it appears the car recognizes the key. And the cables on the battery are solid and have literally zero corrosion. Ill have to check the other end of the neg terminal thats on the body.

·
Super Moderator
1,736 Posts
We tried the immobilizer reset thing on youtube and it appears the car recognizes the key. And the cables on the battery are solid and have literally zero corrosion. Ill have to check the other end of the neg terminal thats on the body.
It's not only the cables, but underneath the connection ends that need to be checked. Any corrosion or poor connection must be addressed (usually sandpaper).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're certain of your findings on all that, it's time to locate a good Nissan tech to do some hands-on troubleshooting. Good luck!
bad gas seems to be the cause of this. Emptied the tank and added fresh fuel. Must have gotten bad fuel at some gas station. We got it to start on ether/ starting fluid and it would run for a second or 2. I was set on either lack of flow or bad gas. So we emptied it and loaded it up with fresh fuel and it fired up. Very strange..

·
Super Moderator
1,736 Posts
bad gas seems to be the cause of this. Emptied the tank and added fresh fuel. Must have gotten bad fuel at some gas station. We got it to start on ether/ starting fluid and it would run for a second or 2. I was set on either lack of flow or bad gas. So we emptied it and loaded it up with fresh fuel and it fired up. Very strange..
Agreed- that is very strange. I wonder if the fuel was either contaminated or just old? Does your Z run strong and consistent now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed- that is very strange. I wonder if the fuel was either contaminated or just old? Does your Z run strong and consistent now?
The car was just sitting there to idle. We havent taken it out yet due to lots of snow outside. But we will get it out and see how strong it runs here today possibly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts