Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just washed the car last night, spent well over an hour just to make it minimally presentable for public consumption, and drove it to work today. Come out about an hour later, and lo!
There's dirt, dust, and grass clippings all over the Z! I guess the guy with the leafblower wasn't paying attention.
I went looking for the guy and couldn't find him. I was ready to get in his face, though.
Maybe even take the blower from him and turn it on him!

I was sooo pissed!!!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Smooth, nip this in the bud right away!
I battled our landscaper last spring, 4 times that happened (although it was weedwacker and not only grass but tiny rocks too). I marched right over across the street where their shop is, and went off! Then it happened again, now came the threatening letter. I also documented every time it happened. After the 4th time and when Doug was getting ready to drive down there and take it out of their aZZez, I saw the owner.....AMBUSH! I told him, and he had a *serious* talk w/ the boys who cut and weed wack. They come over now and let me know that they are going to be working and ask me to move my Z first.

Then first time this spring season I heard the leaf blower, familiar sound yet not so. I had just detailed my Z the night before, about 4 hours, I look out and the ppl that landscape the BANK NEXT DOOR, were LEAFBLOWING DIRECTLY AT MY Z (and 6 other cars totalling well over $200K in vehicles). All the trash and crap from the parking lot towards baby... I took off towards the door at mach speed, flew out the door, promptly break a heel off my shoe, and almost break my ankle. After composing myself they were gone. Me clunk, limp, clunk, limp back to desk. When I saw them the next week I ambushed them too. They were less than accomodating and say to me "Well we have a 2 million dollar insurance policy so let us know if you get any damage in the future".....Oh I will, I will and I will take it out in BLOOD next time buddy!
Next time it happens, I will be calling the BANK and threatening them, since they pay the bastids!

I feel your pain is what I am saying. Go get them! They SUCK!!!! And they have rocks for brains so it takes them a while to GET THE DRIFT that these are not CARS they are AUTOMOTIVE CHILDREN!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
does no good to argue with the guys that cut the grass here where i live, they no habla english

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
typical Sat. p.m. @ Sam's: run the weed eater. Mow the grass. THEN wash the car. ...

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
If you are gonna park on the street, expect sh*t to happen. You aren't so special that everyone pays extra-special attention to your 350Z so it doesn't get dirty, but ignores all the other nice cars out there.

Do you think your car is somehow immune to bird poop too?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I was parking in an exclusive employee lot that requires a special pass to get into. Unfortunately, it's also subject to being cleaned.

No, I don't think My Z is sooooo special, as you so kindly pointed out. However, my point is that these numbnuts don't seem to think about what they are doing. I'd be pissed even it was just a clean car that I had detailed.

It would be like spending a couple of hours cleaning and manicuring your yard, then having somebody blow leaves off their property onto yours. Not so nice, is it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Don't think this just happens to the Zs. My truck was being blowed off! By the mowing people at the bank, he had it up and pointed at my hood. I was like WTF!

I still don't know what he was doing.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I'm with ya Smooth, my Z is parked off off the street directly behind our building 5 feet from our back door, along with some very nice other cars/SUV's. Parking only for smokeshop next door and our offices. They are numbnuts and need a good beating, or just let me loose at their personal vehicle....

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One time, I went out to the lot to find some painters repainting the steel bollards (sp?) that made up the border of our lot. They didn't bother telling anyone that they were painting and they were...yeah, you guessed it - careless.

I found blue overspray on the paint of my Z32, along with everyone else that was legally parked. Needless to say, the airport authority was notified and my car got a real nice professional detail from the best shop in town (my choice, of course). It was in the shop for 3 days; they had to provide me with a rental (I now hate Ford Focus). It cost over $600 alone for the detail job.

People just need to take the time to do it right. You prep a construction zone with warning signs and buffer zones for safety...right? I'm printing out that dialogue you sent me and putting it on my dash! Thanks, Jinx!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts