Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gotta rant about something real quick. I live in a rental community and there are tons of kids running around, riding bikes, chasing balls into the parking areas, right? So, what's the f***ing deal with people driving like 35, 40, even 50 MPH around my neighborhood, when the speed limit is 15 MPH. It's not just a few people, either. It's like 70% of the cars I see are doing it. It really urks the sh*t out of me when people display this kind of discourtesy. One of these days a kid is gonna get killed out there, and then what? We'll be all over the news because "the complex didn't take enough precautions to ensure people do not speed, and it's. Then they'll get sued. And they'll probably lose because, for some god-forsaken reason, it's always someone elses fault. This will, then, in turn, cause our rent to go up so they can make up for the lost money.

God forbid anyone take responsibility for their actions. Granted, there should be more speed bumps, but the bottom line is that there is a posted speed limit and if you are speeding, it's your fault. Just like on the road, if your in an accident and it can be shown you were speeding at the time, the fault will most likely be put on you.

At least once a week, I'll be backing out of my spot slowly because it's really difficult to see, with the Z's windows and not being able to see around other cars, and some jackass will blast by, laying on the horn, doing like 35. I'm like, WTF, over. That guy knows jsut as well as I do how hard it is to back out of those spots. Then to have the gall to honk at ME when HE's the one speeding and having no regard for anyone except himself.

Then on top of that, last night I was walking back home from a friend's in my neighborhood, and almost got mowed down by a friggin 350Z. I was like, "Nooo. Not a Z owner. We're above blatent disregard for others." But, apparently, even Z owners can be dicks. Made me sad.

I do remember this one time, though. I was walking up to my house from my car, and this bitch in a honda was tear-assin up the drive, so I stopped and stood in the middle of the road until she had to stop. Once she was stopped, I continued walking. That was kinda fun.

Anyway, my point is...
Don't be a dick.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Man Ched that sucks, but it happens everywhere. Our neighborhood is 20mph, and ppl park on both sides of the street too, for some reason driveways stand empty? Go figure, it's Pittsburgh. Anyhow, there are a ton of young families here, and the high school is right up the street. These ppl come blasting thru like you said, 35, 40-50mph, and I wonder how they don't hit each other head on b/c you have to bob and weave thru the parked cars inching by if someone else is coming the other way. And god forbid if you are in your own lane and they are passing a parked car in your lane, and beep at you? WTF Exactly. We do have random stop signs, like no turns there but to slow down traffic, and what do they do? Run them, or stop, and drag race to the next one. And we live in the mountains so there are big hills and long curves where you can't see what is around the corner or over the hills, no visibility. I usually ignore the jerks, it's their license, but then when I see little kids playing ball in the street (summertime) or doing whatever, it infuriates me to no end when some dude comes blasting down the road doing 45. And there have been 3 little kids hit and killed in the last few years since I've been here. No rent, we have a mortgage, but when townships get sued, taxes go up. People practically rear end me when I come to a complete stop at those stop signs, just waiting for the day when I can get out and strangle the person behind the wheel of the car that finally does hit me.
What can ya do tho? Just be careful and mind yourself, let those idiots run amok, they'll pay, one way or another. Lets just hope someone doesn't have to get hurt before the lesson is learned....

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've been lucky not to ever live in a place like that. I grew up in a neighborhood on a street where maybe 15 cars a day would drive only because they lived there (wasn't a rural area, 1/3 acre per home and about 80 homes). Now I'm living in an apartment complex, but we have a lot of speed bumps. It's good for slowing you down, but man the Z's suspension really hates it (especially the rear).

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I should say one thing. I did the same stuff when I was younger, but all kids do. Not saying it's ok, just...well, kind of expected. But what really pisses me off is that the majority of these people around here are fully grown adults who are supposed to be exercising some kind restraint and responsibility.

I can't believe that just came out of my mouth...blech.

It's just not fair to put kids at risk like that

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The last neighborhood I lived in had a sign that said "We have lots of children, but none to spare. Please drive slowly."

I thought that was an excellent sign.

·
Registered
145 Posts
God I love living at the end of a Cul-de-sac. Never have to worry about my son when he's out playing.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I live at the end of a quasi-cul-de-sac, so I never have to worry about cars flying by either. But last night I did notice someone whipping around a giant curve in the development at around 30mph (posted speed is 15mph). There's no visibility because it's not only huge, it's uphill as well. [email protected]!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts