Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put new rims, 19's, on 4 days ago with Nitto 555's. I pulled out of the driveway this morning with a flat rear tire. I don't remember hitting anything, but I live in New York, so the roads kinda suck!! Has anyone had any problems with these tires? I was told the sidewall was pretty strong. Any feedback would help.

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
i have em on my 5 zigens and they're great. no problems from me, and people i know that use em love them also. really grippy...just wear down real quick.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
MAybe the bead just didn't seat right. Take the wheel off & take it to the place where you bought the tires...have them remount it.

check carefully for a nail first.

·
Registered
300 Posts
What kind of damage was there? If it was just a road hazrd (sharp object) there is no tire than can prevent that, obviously. Not much to say here really - nail versus tire, tire looses regardless of brand. Not trying to be a smartazz or anything.

And yes, most low profile sport tires such as N555 have relatively strong sidewalls but without more info I am not sure how it relates to your problem.

With "plus" spec wheels/tires (larger than stock wheels with lower profile tires) you run a greater risk of rim damage by potholes actually bending the rims which can cause leaks. This is simply due to the shorter sidewall (less room to absorb the rough stuff). Is that what you are getting at might of happened or was it just a nail/screw?

Sorry for your bad luck though. It sucks to have new rubber damaged so soon - and not cheap.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by tonykdr@Jul 12 2005, 12:35 PM
I took the tire off during my lunch break, Had  a huge nail in it.  Thanks for the feedback
[snapback]130724[/snapback]​

Make sure & get that patched from the inside AND plugged.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Originally posted by tonykdr@Jul 12 2005, 12:35 PM
I took the tire off during my lunch break, Had  a huge nail in it.  Thanks for the feedback
[snapback]130724[/snapback]​

Actually you are in luck if that's all it is as that can be fixed. Cool beans. Good luck and no worries so long as it is just a nail. Glad it was not the rim.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Originally posted by onii@Jul 12 2005, 02:25 PM
yup. i bent one of my 5zigens...sad day
[snapback]130836[/snapback]​

Ouch. Sorry about that. I'm kind of glad I have 18" and not 19" as the sidewall is a little more forgiving for potholes and such.

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
yeah..plus **** nitto 555 dont come in 275 35 for some reason..only 30. so it's extra skinny. need to switch to toyos so i can run 35 all around. cant bend my rim again or im gonna have to do somethin stupid to myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts