Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just ordered a NOS setup for my Z. Its a wet system of wide open throttle. I am really nervous about this mod since I have heard a lot pf pros and cons regarding this. But will see what happens. I have spent an hour talking with a Nitrous Express rep and he basically explained everything and it ended sounding like it wasnt that bad. Of course I always understand that they try to sell their product but it made sense what he said. Any opinions. It is to be installed on Tuesday. I cross my fingers. I dont want to damage my car.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i think as long as you are running a small shot you should be fine. i think alot of the times you hear negative things is b/c people keep using a bigger and bigger shot, and then BOOM!! Wet is a lot safer than the dry kits out there to begin with.

keep us posted on how his all goes as well as provide us with some dyno numbers :biggrin:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel a lot safer. I think its a 35-5-75 shot combo for me to choose. I m going to run it at 35 to start with. Thanks for you rhelp I appreciate it. I hope I can feel the difference.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i used a 75 shot on my integra type r when i had it and had no issues with it. just make sure it is installed professionally and dont abuse it when using it
good luck

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It costs between $650 - $800. But I can get in for $590. Let me know. About install I found places to do it for $250 but I want my Nissan dealer to do it because I feel safer like that. They charge $450 average. Hey ToplessZ.......if you want I can tell you where to go to get installed and where to get these prices.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Jm, pls provide the info for getting the NOS when u get a chance. I didn't know Nissan will install it too since NOS is still illegal in Cali.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Jm you might be able to hide it in the engine bay, in other words, blend it in with the other engine parts. this is just a thought :biggrin:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I havent dragged race but was thinking about it. I have been to a lot of alley ways to practice coming out quik. Obviously I found that having the VDC off is a big help. My question and concern is that I spent too much time burning rubber and also my car' bud tends to turn to the right aggresively while still not going forward. What Im I doing wrong? How should I come out properly?

By the way with my Nitrous system on Tuesday,I wondering if you can predict hou much HP would I be pulling total or at the wheels? Also With all the following mods do you think I can run low 13's on a quarter mile?

Nismo Exhaust
Tein Springs
JWT Pop Charger
JWT Flywheel
JWT Clutch
UR Crank Pulley
Crawford High Flow Cats.
Nitrous System (35-50-75)

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i think with a 75 shot and your shifting abilities and reaction time is superb, you can run low 13's! :biggrin:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I can install headers after I do the nOS? Do you htink I can go to high 12's? Or would headers matetr after NOS?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by jmcmorante@Jan 15 2005, 12:23 AM
I didnt imagine the pic could cause trouble. I'll stop putting it.

It's not that it causes trouble, but everytime you attach an image to a post it puts a copy of that image on the server. It's not a huge deal if you attach it to a few posts, but over time all that space adds up.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i also wanted to instal a nitrous kit later on which do you think is the best option i heard edelbrock has a good nitrous kit designed specificaly for the z

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I choose the Nitrous Express kit. The company mentioned that they had actually designed it on a 350 system. Or something like that. In 7 hours Im dropping the car off for instalation so by tomorrow evening I can tell you guys my impressions. Im really nervous. I really hope its one of those mods where I can really feel it. I have never had a Nitrous kit before so I dont know if its one of those where I can get a whip to the headrest. I think it will .........hopefully. LOL.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
While I was dropping off the car today for the Nitrous install...........some guys overheard me and strating talking smack about the nitrous systems right in my face. One was a worker from the dealer and another one a customer. It kind of got me scazred that maybe nitrous is wrong to have but I have reviewed all the info and think that it will not hurt as long as it is used properly. Thats just my thought. Let me know what you guys think?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by jmcmorante@Jan 14 2005, 08:45 PM
It costs between $650 - $800. But I can get in for $590. Let me know. About install I found places to do it for $250 but I want my Nissan dealer to do it because I feel safer like that. They charge $450 average. Hey ToplessZ.......if you want I can tell you where to go to get installed and where to get these prices.

$250 - $450 for installation? The one place I was looking to to have it done said they would need my car for 2 days and it would cost about $1000... That's more than the kit itself! (NX Gen-X2)
:jawdrop:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts