Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have called up Nissan today to complain about crappy tyre issue and my speakers (seems like my subwoofers dying)

I asked them if theres any TSB out on this in OZ and the manager told me there is, but it is an internal one that is not released as public. What it means is that if customers take their car to Nissan service dealers they have to fix this problem (or atleast try to) as every Nissan service dealers have been notified Internally by Nissan head office about this tyre issue.

Sofar so good. I complained about BLACKTOWN Lander Nissan as they told me to f*ck off as there are no TSB out on 350z!!! Nissan head office told me I should take it to Parramatta Nissan and they will investigate Blacktown Nissan!

Ok guys so those whos having problem lets get together and take our car to parra all together so they can see the problem.

PS I asked about having same tyres on all 4 wheels like its been suggested here. ONE WORD. NO! He said if you put on any other tyres then whats specified (size wise) it is not condoned and should not be practiced.

·
Registered
121 Posts
when you called NISSAN
who did you call ? like head office of something ?

i would like to call who ever you spoke too, im in Perth and seems im getting no help here..

·
Registered
303 Posts
[/quote]

You might want to tell Peter P about this news since he's been racing with the same tyre width all around since day one.
And i'm sure he gets that car into far more dangerous situations than we ever will.

:doh:

·
Registered
785 Posts
The same tyres on all 4 wheels is ok and helps the handling. The Fu##wits at any dealership can only tell you what comes as oem.
They have no idea!

That's good news about the TSB 'internal'.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You might want to tell Peter P about this news since he's been racing with the same tyre width all around since day one.

I've been running 245s all around on the the track for almost a year. I'm also putting 245s all around when my road tyres need replacing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Somewhere over on the dark side there'a a link in one of the posts tp the TSB.

I downloaded it about 18 months ago from the Nisshit site - but did notice subsequently that it got locked up.

Got a hard copy which I can post if you can't find.

Harry, you're the ferret - where is it?

FRIZZLE

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am worried about insurance and stuff (having different tyres then the recommended ones).

regarding this problem. its a great news since now Nissan australia has followed the steps of US counterpart so hopefully we can have a bit of good news.

The only thing thats shitting me is that they didn't make it specific.. I didn't ask if it was a permanent fix or is it swapping tyres when the sound comes (thats what parramatta manager told me that whenever sound comes they will take tyres off and swap them around).

I would rather want one off permanent solution (thus trying different brand tyres).

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I've been running 235/45 all round on my car since November.

In the perspective of a large OEM, it has made my car more dangerous. Turn-in has improved and more front-end grip has removed some of the mild understeer from the car.

Considering these guys are tuning their suspension setups to understeer, for safety, my car must now be slightly more dangerous than it used to be.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If anyone is worried about the legal issues of having the same tyre size all around just read up the RTA documentation on the subject.

I've posted it a few times on the "other" forum.... but it's easy to hunt down on the RTA web site.

The main issues are keeping the rolling diameter very close to OEM so you don't stuff up the speedo. The rules i've read tend to restrict the tyre by the type of wheel you can use on not by dictating what tyre you can use.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ok conversation with head office went something like this

**in a nutshell**

me: is there a probelm with the front end of the zeds ?
ho: you need to take it to a dealer and have them look at it
me: i spoke to all the dealers in perth, and they tell me there is nothing wrong with the zeds
ho: there isnt much i can do from melbourne is there?
me: no i just wanted some advise
ho: take it to a dealer, get them to look at it
me: they told me to get it alligned at this place cause they dont do allignments
ho: well if you are getting places that are not nissan to look at it, there isnt much we can do
me: they told me to go there becasue they dont do it
ho: you need to get your dealer to look at it
me: ok so i guess i'll get a dealer to look at it then?
ho: yes

no help at all, wasted 3 mins of my life, not happy

now i have to fight with the dealers to fix this and maybe i'll get new tyres.... :rolf2: .... yeah right

·
Registered
121 Posts
ok just got off the phone to one of the dealers, this guy seemed like he knew what he was talking about, he said yes there is a problem with noise and feathering , he said the only fix that nisshit have told them to do, is change the left and right front tyres, and it should be ok, he said there isnt much more they can do as that is the only fix that nissan have come up with.........

and it is covered under warrinty... i forgot to ask about allignment too, bugger, i doubt it though, he said he will fix though :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
which dealer was that whitey? I found Northside Nissan are the only ones who would admit to knowing about the tyre feathering.. amazing since 4 out of 5 tyre places knew all about it..

·
Registered
121 Posts
ozzy pk

umm giant nissan i think it is

i actually spoke to one of the mechanics though

so im not sure if the guys at reception or service managers or whoever will be much help, will book it in next week and get them to have a look

what did northside say about it nang ?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've had 2 sets of tyres under warranty and 2 alignments to the new specs.

Just get the TSB printout and wave it in the face of any dealer.

they have no alternative, then.

Anyway, IT'S ON THEIR COMPUTER!

If you can't find the TSB, i'll post you a copy! But its on the old forum, and if you can't find, go to the old international pages and follow the posts. That's where I got it as well as of the Nisshit site 2 years ago.

FROZZLE

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
One of the guys I talk to on another forum is a mechanic for a Nissan dealer (not sure which one exactly) and they know about this TSB.

Any of them who tell you that they don't know anything about it are trying to worm their way out of warranty work.

I can see that, in typical Nissan Australia fashion, after they get your money the fuckers at head office don't want anything to do with you if you're having issues. They're a big reason why I want to shave the Nissan and 350Z badges off my car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had the feathering problem on mine after 8000km and went through the process. I took the car back to Central Coast Nissan with a TSB from USA highlighting the issue over there back in late 2003.

They swapped the tyres over while they documented it to Nissan Australia. A week later they called and replaced the front tyres free of charge as well as made an adjustment to the alignment in house.

Since then I have done 35000km on the tyres with no more tyre noise !! About to change the rears at 50 000km this weekend !! Pretty happy with the way they have lasted.... obviously not quite a leadfoot !!

Greg

·
Registered
121 Posts
so how do you think the problem has been fixed if you have gone so long without the noise coming back

do you think its the tyres ? did you get new brand or bridgestones again
new alignment settings ?

what you think ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gregasaurus1 please tell us which nissan you took it to? I would like to take mine to them aswell.
I guess having a good alignment along with a new set of tyres will prevent feathering and noise.

If you check out JAX they say most cars will have this problem if not aligned properly so its not just our cars.. we just need to get the right alignment and seems like that place in central coast did the job correctly.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts