Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my tyres replaced and re aligned at 8,000. Took it back at 12, 16 and 20 with noise and feathering bad.

Nissan said they would replace the tyres again because I had a scratch on the front wheels!

Nissan customer service in Melbourne said to me that no one has complained in Australia about feathering coming back after replacedment of tyres and wheel alignment! What a load of crap! Anyone else had experiences?

I am a lawyer and happy to write a letter on behalf of a whole heap of people if anyone is keen to join the fight????

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've given up trying to deal with Nissan!

Everyone has had feathering of some degree on their cars.... i just live with the noise. I'll never buy a new car from Nissan though, ever again!

Not only did Nissan deny the existence of the problem initially in 2003, they also have the worst yobbo staff who think customer service is the paper a customer signs that lets him take the car home... ie the sales contract.
Don't get me wrong, I love the car. I just hate the baggage that comes with owning one of them.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
With my track work, my OEM tyres never lasted long enough to feather.

While I could have suffered the issue before doing my first proper tyre swap, its hard to tell when you've done 3-4 Wakefield Open Days in Summer on them.... :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have personally had TWO vehicles done under warranty.

Phone the Melbourne customer service (sic) bloke and demand fix - elsewhere is a TSB on the whole matter - although I think that its on the "dark side" forum.

They can't deny their own bulletin, can they. (?)

ps, think his name is Lance (?) - could look it up for sure - but probably doesn't matter who you talk to - they're all FW'ts.

Mine was done thru local service bloke quite without fuss!

FROZTY

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by frosty@Jul 10 2005, 01:52 AM
Phone the Melbourne customer service (sic) bloke and demand fix
FROZTY
[snapback]129234[/snapback]​

Love your sense of humour Frizzle.

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh it all depends on the dealer ive found.. 2 over here are awesome and readily admit to and fix any TSBs shown to them, whereas the others border on criminally friggen ignorant and useless.. seriously, how can any person who works in a service department of a major automobile company not know what a Technical Service Bulletin is???

·
Registered
303 Posts
Originally posted by frosty@Jul 10 2005, 06:52 PM

- they're all FW'ts.

FROZTY
[snapback]129234[/snapback]​

Don't think i've seen FW'ts before.. wonder what it means? :rolf2:

/sarcastic

·
Registered
258 Posts
i prefer to think of the really bad ones as ' mfn cnts ' depending on level of said idiocy and current level of rage !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have made a deal with Nissan - they are paying for the cost of replacing one tyre - but they have agreed to me putting Michelin Pilot sports on!

Whats more we have set up a proceedure to check wheel alignment on going and they have agreed to take further action if feathering continues - still to negotiate what that further action will be!

·
Registered
121 Posts
nissan are stupid

i have a date with nissshit on monday for tyers (AGAIN) and gearbox
23,000k done...

(northside nisshit spoke to rebecca, thanks NANG) she seemed nice

should be interesting

·
Registered
352 Posts
The first thing you need to do is get a chicken!

Once you have the chicken let us know and we'll tell you the next step.

Apparently, it's not crap. Some blokes are actually into that **** and swear by it??

Don't worry about it until you've tried it

As always

H

·
Registered
303 Posts
Chicken 'n' feathering!?! :lol:

I heard it can get noisy when you get the feathering part going!

·
Registered
562 Posts
When you get the feathering it can make you death! Just make sure your wheels are aligned and you have proper tire pressure. Set the front wheels to 0mm toe and take it to a good reputable shop, don't take it to some one like Bobe Jane, they'll stuff it up.

I also like my chickens without feathers, I hate it when they get in between the teeth.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nah!, Harry - I asked me mum -

IT's gettin' TAR 'n CHICKENed!

I LIGHT THE TAR UP and YOU CHICKENED OUT ! ! !

(Fark - that's the best one yet!)

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
dude i talked to lance. got my tyres replaced by nissan. i chosed michellin pilot sports. most expensive one on the market. i have done 9000km since and the noise is coming back. i am going to contact lance again and get another set of tyres.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts