Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was for fun guys .. worth watching just for the CCR

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mkBibyVl8WU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mkBibyVl8WU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I have to admit that the CCR is nice on the eyes when it's in motion.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched that video .. and then read some of the idiotic comments. While playing around I had found another version of that video that translated portions of the conversation in the GTR. They guys there well knew that the GTR was no competition .. they were 'racing' the CCR simply for the fun of it. The guy with the camera tells the driver to 'cheat a bit' so they won't get beat quite so badly. In any case .. one of the comments mentions that the idiotic comments about the difference between the two cars was just stupid being that the GTR cost $70k while the CCR ran $600k. I looked at that .. and thought about those dollar signs. I can afford the insurance on my Z .. but even the GTR is almost three times what my car cost. The CCR? GEEZE! That's 25x what my car cost. Which brings me around to .. "what if" an Uncle passed away and left me the title to a CCR. What would the insurance be? I suspect that it would be WAAAYYYY higher then I could even think of affording. Same with up-keep. Read an article on "Can you Afford to Drive a Ferrari?". Pretty darn interesting. The answer by the way is NNOOOOOO! Haha.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Yeah, people always forget the cost of insuring and upkeep. I shop by getting the VIN for my fun cars, then call to find out rates. The insurance company actually appreciates that and is amazed so few people do it that way. I mean, I already know what I can afford for monthly payments. The hidden cost is what scares me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yikes.. I just read that Ferrari cost of ownership article and figured out what my car is costing me.. about $1.50 per mile.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Back in '99 I read this article on Lambo's....it was the last year of the Diablo I think. Anyway, the owner of the particular car said that he was going to sale his because of insurance, which was $50,000 per year, roughly. Yyyyeeaaaa.......just goes to show that some people buy a car, which has HUGE amounts of money, and STILL can't afford to keep a car like these. I'm surprised that finance companies will even accept offers from dealers (if they do). People who want these things should just pay cash, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts