Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan AZEAL Coupe Concept Offers Fresh Take on Entry-Level Segment With Fun, Affordable Performance

The Nissan AZEAL Coupe Concept, which makes its world debut at the 2005 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, is a fresh interpretation of the classic compact sports coupe - an affordable, performance-oriented entry-level coupe with the style and personality to match the active lifestyles of its young, active target buyers. The AZEAL design exercise is the first concept car created by Nissan Design America, Inc.'s (NDA) new studio in Farmington Hills, Mich.
“The idea behind the AZEAL is that an entry-level vehicle doesn't have to look entry-level. Though AZEAL has the compact dimensions of a small coupe, it projects a much larger presence in terms of style, personality and desirability,” said David Wong, designer, NDA.

More pictures..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Cool. I can see a lot of younger ppl driving that, or gas concious owners maybe. I hope that gets released soon.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
It would be nice if they kept it just like that for production, but i vote unlikely to highly unlikely. It will have the same lines, but alot of the little details like the integrated exhaust pipes and led lights will get dropped for production, just like the Z.

It is a nice looking entry level car, and glad that other companies are stepping up to compete with the Civic. I would get one for a daily driver.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Turbos are efficient power transfer devices that use recycled 'products' to make the car go a little faster. Hehe...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I'd also guess that Nissan will drop the turbocharger in favor of a hybrid, remove the LSD, and swap in an automatic transmission

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Jan 10 2005, 09:52 AM
I'd also guess that Nissan will drop the turbocharger in favor of a hybrid, remove the LSD, and swap in an automatic transmission

Ugh...now that's no fun. Now I see it more appealing for female teeny boppers and single, fugly attorneys or accountants.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Definitely reminds me of the Scion tC.

It could do without the taillights, different exhaust pipes, and different wheels...but all of that will be changed anyway.

I'll definitely take one as long as there's a good power plant. It's about time someone comes out with an affordable car that has a nice size stock wheel. I get tired of seeing 14's everywhere.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Jan 10 2005, 11:09 AM
Definitely reminds me of the Scion tC.

Thank you! My friend and I were commenting on that ourselves.

But I have to disagree about the wheels. While I know that bigger wheels have an aesthetic appeal to a lot of people, I'd rather see 17s and get better performance. And if things don't change too much, you can't lower the car because there's almost no space between the fenders and the tires

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
True. The thing isn't going to have 19's anyway. It will be lucky if it comes out with an option for 18's. 17's will be most likely.

It's a cool little car though. It will be interesting to see what it actually turns out being like.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I'm guessing 15s myself. That way the people who buy it for its hybrid engine won't waste as much rubber

·
Registered
655 Posts
:headshake: :doh:

Good god, that thing is hideous. I don't like a single thing about it except for maybe the stereo.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Having now looked at some of the interior pics, all I can say is Nissan designers seriously need to smoke less crack

·
Registered
470 Posts
So i am here at my house with another friend who owns a Z and we were looking at the concept car pic of the 350z so all of a suden i came across this the nissan azeal and they said it was also named the 250z it featrues a 2.5liter inline 4 turbocharged engine, 6 speed tranny and rear wheel drive, i think its going to be almost as fast as our z and cheaper !!! :clap:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts