Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/projectCar.php?car=15

I have many pic's of the installation. This was a fairly straight forward installation, on a bone stock 350Z. We started at 217rwhp when the car was stock, and ended up with 356rwhp! Remember that these hp figures were measured on an eddy current equipped Mustang Chassis Dyno, which is very accurate. We see GM LT1 stock equipped Camaros and Firebirds dyno at 190rwhp, to put the hp of the 350Z into perspective. Bob

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Hey, that page was nicely put together. Good job with all the pics! Any future plans for the Z?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
very nice numbers, but let me ask you this. i dont know if you know but why did he choose to go with ATI instead of the vortech, HKS, or even turbo setup?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ATI ProCharger has it's own oil supply, so no hoses have to be routed to the engine, plus neither can contaminate each other. A lot of people don't like the idea of having to poke a hole into the oil pan. It is also much easier to remove the ATI ProCharger when it is time to trade it in, if a person were to choose to do so. Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We're not sure yet, although we are taking this 350Z to the track (this morning) today to see what it does. Other than the ATI ProCharger this car is bone stock. I would imagine we'll be installing a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system on it shortly. Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The quickest we saw it run today was consistent 13.20's with a consistent 2.20 60ft time. The track preparation was lousy, and the track was full of stones and gravel which never was getting swept off. There also was a stiff head wind... matter of fact it was so windy that we had the car cooling down with the hood propped up, and the wind caught the hood, and bent the hood hinges and cracked the windshield!
The good thing was that the mph was 111mph, which means the car is making power. I think we have the owner Jon convinced that he needs some drag radials in place of the stock tires on the rear. Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was hoping to see the car get into the high twelves, but the traction was not there for the stock tires. I was glad to see the 111mph though, showing the car is indeed making horsepower. Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most of the 350Z cars seem to run right around a 14.00 second 1/4 mile time, this one was a little faster to begin with than that. The stock mph is considerably lower than what this car is now capable of, which is a real indication of just how much more horsepower this car has now. Bob

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think you said you guys ran at Muncie, right?

I consistenly ran 14.30s there, and the other Z that night was running 14.50s ... so its an OK track, but launching there is a total joke unless you are on some real sticky rubber.

Any updates on the car guys?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup, thats me, Bob. This is a cool forum.

Muncie is a horrible track to get traction. California is a long way from Muncie, hopefully you didn't come all the way here just to run at our local track... lol I take it you relocated. On the other hand, I went and ran at Norwalk yesterday, what an impressive track! The best one I have ever been to! Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We did that the 350Z back to Muncie, I need to update my website on what it ran. It got into the 12:70 range with a small set of old slicks. We also added a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system to the car. The Magnaflow cat back added a good sound to the car. We need to dyno it again to see if it picked up any hp from it. As free flowing as the system looks, I would think it would. The problem it that sometimes you need to then spin the blower faster by putting a smaller pulley on it to regain the boost that was lost by adding a more efficient exhaust system, which we haven't even looked into yet. Bob

·
Registered
26 Posts
WOW,, great numbers with the ATI..... so do you have any vids??? :shiftdrive:

that would really kick a$$ if you did :)

i really want to try to ride in a SC'ed Z but i dont know anyone who lives close to me (TAMPA, FL) so if anyone can show me the power :) it would be great!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL... My 350 puts 384 to the wheels at 7 psi on a DynoJet -- Haven't dynoed since I went to a 9 psi pulley set.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Originally posted by Tere@Nov 6 2004, 07:03 AM
LOL... My 350 puts 384 to the wheels at 7 psi on a DynoJet -- Haven't dynoed since I went to a 9 psi pulley set.

LOL....He did his dyno on a MUSTANG dyno...up to 12% less hp than on a Dynojet....do the math...he is making just as much as you . your balls are no bigger ...lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts