Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Nissan 350Z Wheel Spacers ???

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MicVelo 
#1 ·
I see these are for sale on Hexautoparts for almost $54.60.
The local shop here wants $300 for the same size wheel spacers.
Is it cheaper on Hexautoparts because it might be "cheap quality"?
Or is it the same exact wheel spacers but the shop is charging 200% mark up?

#2 ·
You need to look at the details of the product to decide on quality. Do both spacers offer a hub centering (66.1 mm) ring molded into the spacer? This is an important feature as it allows loads to be carried by the wheel bearings rather than the wheel lugs. What material are the spacers made from? Universal spacers with multiple bolt patterns are also cheaper, but may not serve your Z better.

Take a closer look at what you're buying and you'll see some differences.

#3 · (Edited)
$300 for spacers? They made out of 6/4 Ti or something? Ridiculous. Yes, there is such a thing as "cheap quality" spacers defined as poor machining, cheap lugs. But that doesn't mean you can't get decent spacers for low cost. I have used (and still have a few sets that I didn't include with wheels I've sold) inexpensive spacers bought from an Ebay vendor (but they're local to me) and never had any issues with them. I have widths ranging from 5mm to a single set of 30mm spacers (not used on late model Z) used on the many different wheels I've run from OE to 19x11. FWIW (and I have no affiliation with them): premierautoacc on eBay

Reactions: dkmura
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.