Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a 2003 nissan 350Z that i purchased in January of 2003. A few months into having the vehicle, The 1st problems started. I let them know about my tires wearing incorrectly, which I was ignored on and I had to replace them out of my pocket. This was june 0f o3! myh right window stopped working! They replaced the window motor! My left window then stopped working! They fixed it! My tires went bald again on the inside and were replaced again 9000 miles later! my Motor also was burning oil and I finally notice that at about 25 thousand from taking it to one oil stop place and then to the dealer whom berified that it definitly was burning oil! I also ended up on the side of the roadone day after my car broke down on me due to this.After calling the BBB.Nissan replaced my window motor, New Engine, new tires and work to the suspension 35k after going thru this process of complaining, Abot 1000 miles later my car stalled on me again due to a masa airflow sensor going bad ! Then I went to get and oil change about 3k miles later after the new motor was replaced adn it was low on oil maning it was burning oil again. now I also have an issue with radiator fluid being all over the place after turning on my heater for the 1st time since i got the new motor installed. Now nissan wants me to pay for an inspection! Thats bull! Any body have any recomendations or tips! Thanks! Jose

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry about your experience, man.

Document EVERYTHING you just posted with times, dates, names, and what you were told.

If you are in the U.S., check to see if your state has a "lemon" law (ask the local newspaper or TV station news departments). If so, follow the prescribed procedures in the statute to make a claim (you may want a lawyer for this). If you do not have recourse through a lemon law statute, take your case to the Better Business Bureau again. Be sure you can document your claims, or you may be perceived as just another trouble maker.

The problems you have described are not intrinsic to the 350Z (other than the premature front tire wear), nor are they common to well cared for Zees, so questions will be raised concerning your treatment of the car--especially since you are having oil burning issues with a replacement motor. It could well be that you acquired a true "lemon." A lemon is usually a car in which all the manufacturing tolerances were probably within specs, but "just barely." Cumulatively, these loose (or tight) tolerances add up to bad things happening as time passes. True lemons are pretty rare these days, so the bar will be high in proving your case. Again--documentation is key.

If the dealer is convinced your car is not the lemon you describe, perhaps they would be willing to give you top trade-in value on a new 350Z. If you have the same problems with a new Zee, go buy a Buick.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts