Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the 350z and I just purchased one Monday it came with stock stero not the bose version. I bought a head unit and two front door speakers. I Took the stock stero out connected all the wires for the new head unit and I went to connect the wires from inside where the old stero was. The only problem was that the head unit I got has the antenna and it came with 2 other connectors one is power and other is speaker wires. Their was a third white connector peice inside where the old stero was and I have no where to put that with the new head unit I got anyone no what it might be for? Or if it would still work without connecting it?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did you pick up the needed wiring harness or are you just trying to match up the wires yourself? There are wiring specs / diagrams available online.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I got the wire harness their are two of them that get hooked into the back of the head unit. The only thing is there are 4 wires in the back of the old stero the head unit come with 3 plug ins and the fourth I have no idea what it's for. Anyway you could get me a link to a diagram?

·
Registered
154 Posts
You only need to use the two harnesses, the third small harness is left disconnected. There should be a blue wire and a blue/white wire, they are amp power and power antenna. You only have one blue wire on the harness or the head unit (can't recall what had what) I connected both the blue and blue/white together coming from the harness to the single blue wire when I installed my new head unit. I will try to find the wire diagram and post it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man I was confused what is the 3rd harness for anyways? And so basically put all blue wires together.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, like I mentioned, I think the harness has both a blue and a blue/white, were the head unit may only have a blue wire. If this is the case, twist the blue/blue white together and connect to the blue on head unit wire harness. Nothing to do with the third small harness. You are all set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts