Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I would like the thread to consist of. Known information, either by experience or by proof of pictures.</span>

From what I can gather, there are 3 or 4 types of the Nismo Wing/Spoiler.

Now, please correct me if I am wrong, but do so polietly, we want to keep this information available for others that have the same questions...

And if it's a repost :thumbsup: :stfu: :jk:

JDM Nismo Rear Wing -> $800 -> Link

**** EDIT ****

OK, updated the above picture, and text to represent what was mentioned below by Conceyted.

<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE<div class=\'quotemain\'>the top two links are different. the first is of the jdm nismo wing, and does not appear to be a replica but the genuine nismo wing. the second courtesy parts link is the us version but is misrepresented with the top two pics on that site, the bottom 3 pics on that site are the same wing as the bottom pics you posted here.
No there is no wing that is off the body without that curve, the courtesy link is also the genuine us nismo wing. [/quote]

**** End EDIT ****

Am I correct in understanding that?

Also, correct me if I am wrong but the JDM version of the Nismo Spoiler/Wing stays nice and straight when looking at the rear of the car, and also the front points of the wing are approximately 2mm off the fender walls?

Is that correct?

Now, with the assumed US Version of the Nismo Wing/Spoiler.

NISMO 350Z Rear Wing -> $295 -> Link

**** EDIT ****

USDM Nismo Rear Wing -> $365.75 -> Link

**** End Edit ****

As you can see in the picture above, there is a bend in the center of the wing and front points of the wing are approximately 1.5 inches off the top of the fender walls.

Now I am sure there are replica's of both wings floating all over the place, whether it be on eBay or some other "shady" shop so to speak, and those make up the other 2 types of Nismo wings floating around.

So here are my main questions:

1. Which wing is in fact the TRUE Nismo wing from the pictures provided above or from your own picture.

2. What does the TRUE Nismo wing cost, and where did you get it?

3. If in fact the TRUE Nism<span style="color:red">o
wing does have the front end points 2mm off the tops of the fender walls, have you had rubbing issues?

4. Is there a replica wing out that has the straight center, and is still 1.5" off the tops of the fender walls? If so, where did you get it and can you provide a picture?

Hopefully this post isn't some useless rant, and we all get a wealth of information out of it, as I would rather order the right wing the first time, than have a hassle in the long run.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

·
Registered
785 Posts
the top two links are different. the first is of the jdm nismo wing, and does not appear to be a replica but the genuine nismo wing. the second courtesy parts link is the us version but is misrepresented with the top two pics on that site, the bottom 3 pics on that site are the same wing as the bottom pics you posted here.
No there is no wing that is off the body without that curve, the courtesy link is also the genuine us nismo wing.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ugh... what a headache.

So, I guess...

The GENUINE JDM version of the Nismo Wing/Spoiler costs $800

While the GENUINE USDM version of the Nismo Wing/Spoiler costs about $400

And the replica's can vary in price, USDM or JDM.

Correct?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Save the $$$ and get the Replica. The US wing has big problems if you have the OEM spoiler on. The 800.00 JDM Nismo wing is still fiberglass so why pay 600.00 more.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
My JDM NISMO wing Cost me $880 plus shipping, Customs fees and Some kind of other fees the total was around $1200 all said and done. but that includes a Nissan factory Paint Job (they asked for my Vin# to make sure they got the right paint batch)

I only Know of about 10 Guys that have the Real NISMO wing/Kit. i don't have an issue with rubbing, my wing came with little rubber type stoppers that fit between the wing and the hatch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Also, there is a weight attached to the inside of the rear hatch. When installing the Nismo wing, you don't need special springs, but you DO need to remove this hatch weight to make opening it easier.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Chazzq, who and where did you order yours from and how long did it take to get it from the time you ordered to delivery?

That's cool that they sent you a factory painted wing!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Oct 27 2004, 01:36 PM
Chazzq, who and where did you order yours from and how long did it take to get it from the time you ordered to delivery?

That's cool that they sent you a factory painted wing!

:stupid:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have Friends in high places. I got it directly though NISMO Japan. But the Best place to get one is www.japanparts.com Mine took about 6 weeks to Get here.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Thanks, man! Friends who dance on a stage do not count...:lmfao:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hey if they're on a stage then their in high places right? I wouldn't mind having some friends like that :)

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i am pretty sure the one i got was a replica, but the fit is awesome. Of course i got it from someone who bought it, had it painted and prepped, but then traded their coupe for a roadster and never put it on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts