Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Nismo wing paint

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  lovetoclown 
I have a RedDogMotorsports replica wing. I paid $110 on ebay, $130 for paint/install at a local auto body specialty shop.

they had a lot of work as PPW is a tough color to apply and I did not have a wing prior to so the OEM holes were not available!

oh ok...how are those replica wings?? I hear that if you go with them youll have to get some replacement rear struts...
any wing that adds weight to your hatch will require the heavy duty struts if you want it to stay open over time. The stock struts do fine with the exception when it gets cold out. Nismo wing kit comes with the upgraded struts, otherwise you have to purchase on your own - I posted the part numbers in another post somewhere. there is also a TSB on the little rubber springs that everyone uses $.02 in each one - they get replaced and are way stronger. One other thing to do is to remove the weight under the latch area finisher - it i will help alot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.