Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much did any of you guys pay to have the nismo spoiler put on and painted???...just wondering so that i have a good idea before i buy one...

·
Registered
17 Posts
725.00 ---- 380 for part online, 120 for shipping, 225 to get it painted, a friend installed it for me for free.

dealership wanted 1000.00 to do it.

How much did any of you guys pay to have the nismo spoiler put on and painted???...just wondering so that i have a good idea before i buy one...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I have a RedDogMotorsports replica wing. I paid $110 on ebay, $130 for paint/install at a local auto body specialty shop.

they had a lot of work as PPW is a tough color to apply and I did not have a wing prior to so the OEM holes were not available!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh ok...how are those replica wings?? I hear that if you go with them youll have to get some replacement rear struts...

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Supposedly some of the replica wings fit better than the original Nismo wing.

Paint should be about $150-200, unless you get a good deal at a body shop. :werd:

I've been pondering getting one really soon.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Supposedly some of the replica wings fit better than the original Nismo wing.

Paint should be about $150-200, unless you get a good deal at a body shop. :werd:

I've been pondering getting one really soon.
Same here i still dont know whether it will look better with or without one...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Don't get the nismo. It looks OK in pics, but TERRIBLE in person. It kills the lines of the Z. IMO, the roofline makes the car and the nismo completely ruins the flow. Add to that the, the sharp angles and platform of the wing and it in no way 'fits' the car.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
oh ok...how are those replica wings?? I hear that if you go with them youll have to get some replacement rear struts...
any wing that adds weight to your hatch will require the heavy duty struts if you want it to stay open over time. The stock struts do fine with the exception when it gets cold out. Nismo wing kit comes with the upgraded struts, otherwise you have to purchase on your own - I posted the part numbers in another post somewhere. there is also a TSB on the little rubber springs that everyone uses $.02 in each one - they get replaced and are way stronger. One other thing to do is to remove the weight under the latch area finisher - it i will help alot!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just got the JDM Nismo spoiler from Performance Nissan. THe quality is very good and it seems to fit very well. It also covers the factory spoiler holes. Now for the paint prices. I wouldn't buy a replica from any other shops but Performance Nissan. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
376 Posts
where is everyone going for paint. I hate living in Reno. All the places I have checked so far want 4 to 500 bucks just to prep and paint. :banghead:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts