Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Ouch, I dont know.. Do you have the factory spoiler? I think it may use the same mounting holes..I will look through the manual and see

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
from what i read, if you have the factory spoiler you use those existing holes on the outer, have to plug the center ones and make two new ones. if it is a good kit it will have a template to set up the new holes. as for which ones that have them i do not have a clue. i saw the one that is on the wings west site and they have a template for theirs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a nismo wing too. And I bought it cheap on E-bay. I also have the same problem about install especially cause I have no tools and no experience. If anyone has any detailed pics of how to install it and where please send them to me! The people who are painting it for me will mount it for $50. Is that a good deal?

PS Is 100$ for painting the spoiler too much?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just got a NISMO wing and it should be painted and ready for install tomorrow. As for having to plug the two inner holes, what do you use? Also, I have pulled off the stock spoiler and the two while clips are still in the holes, how do you get them out?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed my wing, but it was a Nismo replica. It was $200 to have it painted from the dealer but that has a life time warranty on it from fadding and peeling. The two rear outer holes were used from the factory wing. The two white clips I left in but trimmed the back of them off with a razor blade. The other four holes I had to drill myself. I also removed the weight from the middle of the hatch and the hatch pops open and stays open just like the original one. I would just make my own template (trace out your foot print and locate the holes on cardboard or other stiff paper) then just measure all directions to make sure it is centered.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Sky hawk....where is the weight, I did the 2 cnets in each spring but that did not last long.

I had mine (got on ebay from Reddogmotorsports) painted and mounted for $200. but I know the guy and Skyhawk has the description of how it was done with the bolts. only difference is I had the my guy put some zinc around the holes after drilling to seal for corrosion.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've got the template for where to mount... need to go to kinkos to have it printed out. Drop me a PM or hit me up on my e-mail @ [email protected] and i will forward it to you.

And Josh, if you want to host it, I'll send it to you as well.

Chris

·
Registered
254 Posts
The template worked great but it is still a **** of an install. The OE holes for the stock spoiler didn't line up so I had to widden them. Otherwise, it looks great! Thanks again Chris.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Soon, I'm at my parents up in Amarillo right now and it is snowing something bad. Therefore no driving or pic taking for now, but maybe later this week or early next week. She needs a bath too but at 19F that's a bit hard.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Are there any exposed holes left in the hatch after removing the factory spoiler and installing the Nismo wing? PerformanceNissanParts.com had this to say: Those with Factory OEM Rear Lip spoiler factory or aftermarket installed may have holes visible.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'd heard the same thing. I've got a template for mine and I'm picking it up from having it painted today. I'm starting to think I paid way too much, but everywhere I called was quoting me $300 to get it painted.

I've got a template if anyone in the socal area wants to borrow it...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes, there are two 1/2 holes left in the middle of the hatch, but the Nismo spoiler will cover them just be sure to plug them some how. DataSpike sent me the pdf for the template and I just went to kinkos and had them print it off. I could foward it if needed. BTW i paid 150 to get mine painted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts