Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine does small scale manufacturing of different custom gadgets for cars and such. Recently he started making shift knobs, primarily for toyotas, I asked him if he can conjure up something along the lines of nismo knobs, but made of delrin (plastic/resin compound used all over the place). I did not want to have a scorching metal knob, so was really looking forward to this one. Long story short - I'm very impressed.

Post up if you'd like to have these things made for you - they will be much cheaper than Nismo and safer for your hands ;)

He does several different styles and is open to custom orders.

I don't want to violate any "advertizing" plicies, so I'll keep his contact info out of this thread for now. He does it more for fun, and does not make millions on his little goodies, but I'm sure he'll be happy to have some Z customers.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That looks pretty cool. I'll bet that it's cheaper than the Nismo knobs. I'd be interested if there were more pics in better lighting. How much HP does these make? :lol:

BTW, what's that on your steering wheel?

·
Registered
142 Posts
That looks pretty cool. I'll bet that it's cheaper than the Nismo knobs. I'd be interested if there were more pics in better lighting. How much HP does these make? :lol:

I heard that lightweight shifter knobs add at least 50hp :rolf2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remote for the AVIC-D2.

I'll try to take better pictures. Not sure how much better the lighting will get, though.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Did yours come with the finisher as well? I have to say that looks pretty wicked. May have to look into this further :) Smells like a group buy LOL haha

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lmfao: I was wondering if anyone else was going to notice that. Seeing that the post is over 3 years old, I doubt they're still around.

Thread is closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.