Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the Tracks's handling, but I was wondering if the NISMO shocks, suspension, and sway bars make an obvious change in performance and handling.

Does anybody have these upgrades? If so, can you reply back with your experience and opinions.

Will it void the warranty if it's VDC equipped?

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i heard the NISMO suspension and sways improve the car in handling since it is designed for the car. as for voiding your warranty, s-tune parts are covered by a basic nissan warranty if you have the work done at a nissan dealer. also for the mod to void a warranty it must be proven that it caused the problem. it should not affect your VDC at all though NISMO suggests you get the suspension, sways and rims for vdc equipped cars. i think the suspension and sways will be good enough.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Is there a drop with the NISMO suspension? How much more firmer (firm, read: undrivable in NYC lol) does it become as far as spring rates etc compared to stock?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm planning on installing the nismo s-tune suspension soon. I already have the nismo sway bars and I'm saving up for the suspension kit. From everything I've read about it, it's a great setup for the Z. It also lowers the car about 15-20mm.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Nov 28 2004, 12:19 PM
Is there a drop with the NISMO suspension?  How much more firmer (firm, read: undrivable in NYC lol) does it become as far as spring rates etc compared to stock?

I think the sways will make the biggest change as long as the rear gets stiffened to reduce the understeer. Do you have a 2003 or 2004+ since the new cars are more complaint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I currently run the NISMO S-Tune suspension on the track. Handling is excellent. I'm sure there is a better suspension setup for the track, but for those of us that don't have dedicated track vehicles, you can't go wrong with the NISMO setup. As far as sways, I would go with an adjustable setup because the NISMO are fixed and only provide minimal imrovement.

-Steve

Oh yeah....took six months for NNA to cover my suspension setup for alignment after the tire wear issue. The suspension completely clears up any tire feathering issue, but I was trying to get them to cover my vehicle for the damage done prior to installing the suspension. You just have to find a mod friendly dealer for these types of things. They all get excited when I pull up to see what I have done lately to my car. It's all just a game with the dealers when it comes to warranty work.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Originally posted by Dissident@Nov 29 2004, 12:14 AM
I've found the car to handle noticeably better with the setup, yet the ride doesn't suffer much (in fact, without the bounce, I think it's betteR)

This album has some good comparo pics of the two setups:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289236411

Nice pics. I was wodnering how a Z with factory 17" wheels and the NISOM suspension would look.. I'm thinking of doing this myself in the spring (Ohio). I dont know If I want to sink money into new rims. If I do I'm going NISMO as well. Plannig on sways also, but will likly get an adjustable front.

I was really wondering about the ride, especially for cross country drives. But it sound slike there is not much of a change. As far as feathering is concerned, did you have it, and did it go away after installnig the NISMO suspension?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I run Stillen 5 position adjustable sways w/ Nismo s tune shocks and springs. Sways set to max on the front and 3/4 max on the rear. Also run stock 18's and stock Potenzas. Mostly street, but 1x/month or so on the track. Reduce the rear when tracking.

I really like this setup. Firm, very stable--"on the rails" in the turns, and doesn't rattle my molars when driving to work.

The warranty issue is a non-issue. S tune doesn't void it and NNA needs to prove that non-warranty mods created the problem in the first place. Tough to prove that non-Nismo sways were the problem. Besides, whaddy'a got to lose? I've got 29k on my stock Potenzas and am ready for new tires, anyway. (no major feathering problems).

There are so many suspension mods out there. Figure out what you want to achieve, and go shopping. nissanperformanceparts is a good start. Stillen.com is great if you decide to go that way. Also, there's a guy on ebay selling Hotchkis adjustabiles @ $379 shipping included. Check it out.

Life is short--have fun.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Nismo great brand, but very expensive!! There are excellent choices out there for suspension without the 'brand' name at much better prices. Try 350evo, Hotchkis (great value), cusco too name a few.

What are you trying to achieve? That is the question!

If you want to get a better handling car, start with adjustable sways. Higher rate in the rear will give much better front turn-in thus dialling out the dreaded understeer. Matched with a front bar (also adjustable) & the car will roll much less in those corners.

IMO too many people look at brands rather than value.
Also, if you take each component in the suspension mods you originally stated you wanted, you may be happy with just doing the sways or the springs or the shocks.

Best to do bit by bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts