Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I hate to admit it because I consider myself a "GOOD" mechanic but...

THOSE NISMO REAR HATCH SHOCKS ARE KICKING MY AZZ!!!

So anyway I purchased some Nismo Shocks for the rear hatch today because I can't take it anymore. I am so tired of the **** thing falling on my head. I am afraid that one day will washing my car and drop the hatch and lose a finger!

The shocks did not come with new hardware to bolt the hatch and body of the car. After looking at them I assumed that the shocks just snap out of the ball sockets. I know there is a snap ring inside so I figured I would just tug on them and they would snap out... **** NO!

So now I removed one of the shocks thinking it might be easier with it off the car... **** NO!

LOL ok so to make a long story short has anybody replaced there Hatch Shocks? New hardware to mount the shocks might be needed. I am thinking there might be a tool like a small ball joint tool to help separate the shock from the mounting bracket.

SOB... I don't know why the **** those things have to be on there so tight... and honestly if I pay almost a $100 bucks a shock don't you think they should include hardware if it’s needed? If hardware is needed and I have to purchase the brackets I am going to be pissed... screw Nissan/Nismo and there greedy asses.

OK I feel better now, thanks for letting me vent...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:doh: I'm sure you've studied the pieces really closely, so trying to take them apart again would be useless. There has to be a way. I bet there is, especially if you didn't get any extra hardware or instructions on the install. Can you call the ppl who sold them to you and ask? Maybe call a Nissan service person.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]

Yeah Courtesy Nissan sells them...
<div align="right">[snapback]93159[/snapback]
[/quote]
Aren't you in TX? If so, swing by or call them. Or get on their site and look at their pdf files for the hatch shocks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
[/quote]

Yeah Courtesy Nissan sells them...
<div align="right">[snapback]93159[/snapback]
[/quote]
Aren't you in TX? If so, swing by or call them. Or get on their site and look at their pdf files for the hatch shocks.
<div align="right">[snapback]93162[/snapback]
[/quote]

It should have come with all the new hardware for install. I've got them as well. Anyway, the hatch still can't open sometimes with first try, but it will stay up.... :doh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts