Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my NISMO GT Titanium shifter today.. got it as a Christmas/birthday gift. At first, I wondered how a shifter that costs $130 could be much better than one thats $30. Well, my answer was apparent. This thing is amazing. Excellent construction, excellent shift feel.. a definate recommendation.

A shifter like this works so well for our transmissions because we dont have any kind of dampening material around our trannies - its direct link. So, with a titanium shifter, you feel EVERYTHING. A definate plus for quick, accurate and solid gear changes. The metal-to-metal feel is Ferrari-like.

First impressions:

Out of the box, the shifter is tiny. About an inch shorter than the OEM. So naturally, the throw seems shorter and more firm. Its also much heavier, which aids in the ease of throw. NISMO is laser etched on one side, and it comes with stick-on (real) aluminum shift pattern stamps. Everything about this part is quality, 100%.

Here's a quick pic I took with my cam/phone:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Looking good Jet. I've always liked the look of the GT knob. Easy install?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking good Jet. I've always liked the look of the GT knob. Easy install?

Relatively. By this, I mean mentally simple. All you need to do is pull up on the ring surrounding the base of the shift boot. This will remove the lower console from the center cluster. Unplug the environental control unit. Then, Get two vice grips. Attach one FIRMLY to the rubber just below the OEM shifter. Attach the other to the rectangular shaped base of the OEM shifter (use a shop rag to avoid marring the OEM shifter's leather). You need to be sure to NOT torque the shifter shaft, or you will damage your gearbox internally. So, the top vice grip loosens the shifter, and the bottom is for anti-torque/resisting the torque from the above vice grip.

The NISMO one goes on exactly the same way, then the actual shifter slides over the base and screws in (10mm allen key needed to tighten down the shifter).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts