Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over on Z1auto.com they have listed alot of new internals for the Z. They have Spec 1 and Spec 2 cams and Nismo VTC. I was considering getting the Spec 1 cam but was told that this cam (276 degress duration) wouldnt work with our Z's due to the ECU. And also how could that Nismo VTC help out with Stock or either Nismo R-Tune cams. Looks like I have to settle for those. Here is the link to the website.

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=3...gine&prodid=917

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=3...gine&prodid=922

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wont be coming back here. Great Tech site.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I think he was being sarcastic because he did not get an answer to his post in over a week. I hope he did not let the door hit him on the way out. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am checking in here less and less myself. I dont mind a slower forum but I am afraid this one is near dead. I will be checking in from time to time. It looks like the folks that set up the site were trying to make it a good one.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm not trying to be an a-hole, but this graph holds true for most business/traffic related places. All of them start out slow, then increase rapidly until the inflection point. After that, it cools down a little until it levels off. Things take time...

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Well guys, things do take time and nothgin just blows up over night.

crabman, u only have one post and how could you judge a site when you are 1021 member that joined on the june 3rd?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Often whats good about a forum is not finding the answer to a question you had thought of asking but rather finding an answer to a question that had never even occured to you. Also the knowledge database that one can search through is larger on an active forum than one with less traffic. In those situations where you need an answer as soon as possible it goes without saying that an active forum will be a better bet than a forum that sees little traffic. I have not judged this forum in any way. I often find that the smaller forums have a better sense of community and can be a more friendly place to hang out. Witness the roadfly forum with the flaming, trolls constantly seeking to be disruptive, etc. Being active is good but does not alone make a forum good. Nor does heavy traffic have anything to do with the quality or depth of knowledge among individual users which can vary greatly. I dont tend to post a great deal on any forum because I can normally find the information I seek through a search. As I said it appears to me your trying to set up an above average forum and I will be around to check on progress. This does not change the fact that right now things are quite slow. Slow enough that someone can post and not see a response for nine days. IMO thats going to be a little too slow for most folks. I hope that things pick up and I will do my share and pop in from time to time.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
in all honesty, i would have responded if i hadnt been out of town this week.

also, if you have noticed, we are designing this site to be more than a forum. Yes our forum is slower than another bigger site. but it is also much much newer. sorry to see you leave.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Pimp1911 is a part of 350zfrenzy.com, so don't expect him to treat this forum nicely, it seems like he is a devoted 350zfrenzy'ist. I agree this site is slow, but my350z.com has post-whores that are of no use to the thread and that site goes down a lot, so I'd rather be a part of a site that runs faster, even if that takes a few days to get an answer to my question. BTW, you can let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
i did read on the japan nismo site (using a translator that needed translation itself) that NISMO has released the S1 engine parts in Japan. From what i got fro it it was a metal intake tube that replaces the plastic, an different carbon fiber engine cover, and ECU upgrades as well as some internal stuff i can't quite remember what. These are the same stuff that is on the S-tune GT. as for the lack of response, i noticed this question was not asked on the "other" boards. oh well thanks for visiting and happy driving

·
Registered
33 Posts
We run the US version of the S1 racing camshafts in ouor Grand Am Cup cars. They are not for street use as the idle is well above 1000RPM.
Our engines right now are producing some great torque and our new program has just started to take off.
[email protected]

·
Registered
123 Posts
dwnshift, is that the only reason, a high idle rpm?
Not sure some people would care if their idle was 1500 rpm if it meant great power

Do they require any other mods?
What's well above 1k rpm?

·
Registered
33 Posts
It can be ordered through Nissan Motorsports NA parts as a package. Its even listed as a race only description. I dont think it is streetable..... driving around tha paddock isnt much fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts