Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my new/used 03 Touring on Tuesday and had a quick question...
I want to get an intake and cat-back and want to go with the Nismo products. If I buy them online and install them myself will Nissan still cover my warranty? Or do I have to buy them from the dealership and have them install it?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Most places require them to do the install to honor a factory warantee. With those mods planned, I'd just do them myself as they are pretty safe as far as breaking/damaging anything goes. For the heavier stuff like turbos, I'd have the dealer do the install..

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess I need to talk to the dealership, huh?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Guess I need to talk to the dealership, huh?

Yeah. Express your interest in a mod friendly dealership, because trust me, if you think you'll be able to stop modding after you do your intake and exhaust, you've got another thing coming lol. Its an addiction. So you might as well walk on them if they give you the slightest bit of lip about how "modding your car will void everything.. blah blah". There are many dealerships that are extremely mod friendly. I've got one by me that warantees everything from twin turbines to nitrous setups. G'luck.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jetpilot. I know how modding is an addiction should see my Evo. :lol: I'm not intrested in TT/SC kit yet, just want to free up free hp. Think I'm going to get somw wheels after the CAI/Cat-Back.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Nice, gonna keep the wheels in the family too, meaning the Nismo's? Those have got to be my absolute favorite wheels for the Z.. next to the ones Kenny (KShep) has on his ride.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know... Might get Nismos but I like the Ray's that come on the Track model. Maybe get the Brembo brake kit and Ray's wheel to make the touring look like a Track. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts