Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Nismo Oil Filler Cap back in March, and finally got around to putting it on in April or May. I changed my oil yesterday and noticed that the sticker had come off the cap and was nowhere in sight. I'm going to call Performance later (I got it from them), but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Thats strange. Mine has been on for months and that sucker isnt going anywhere

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
mine only stayed on for about 5 mins until I put the cap on and figured out it was going to be crooked for life....pryed it off w/ steak knife (remember that?) LOL My new one has a Z insert that is metal but held on w/ the double sided stuff and it has not moved...

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I haven't heard anyone mention that before.

Mine is coming in this week from Performance Nissan, so hopefully, they won't be falling off anytime soon.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mine is still there despite *shudder* the dealer touching it. Is it possible that oil got under it and broke down the adhesive?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt the oil got onto the top of the cap. It was on pretty securely, there was no sign of oil anywhere near the top of the cap, and it would take a lot of oil coming out to get onto the top of the cap

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, well apparently I'm dumb (yeah, I know you all knew that already). Here's the email from Jason:
The sticker does not come stuck on.  It has a tape backing that has to be pressed on to the oil cap..  When you open the box it iwll look like it is on but if you turn it upside down the sticker will fall off and the sticker can be stuck on.

We can not get the sticker seperate from the oil cap.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by [email protected]@Oct 14 2004, 04:22 PM
yeah sorry about that... and we cant get the sticker seperatly!!!

Ill add a disclaimer to the product on our site

Hey, it's not your guys' fault. What are the odds of me taking it out of the boxing, bringing it over to my car, and screwing it in without it falling off! Haha

·
Registered
78 Posts
trust me you are not the first!

the leave it un-stuck so you can fully tighten the cap and then put the sticker on so it looks like it is straight so you do not get an upside down emblem...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Makes sense, although what's to stop you from getting an upside down emblem the first time you change your oil. Haha. Oh well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Oct 14 2004, 02:46 PM
Makes sense, although what's to stop you from getting an upside down emblem the first time you change your oil.  Haha.  Oh well.

put it on the exact same thread that was the last when you take it off dur :p

but most people put it on rite before a show...

mine is soo beat up... i take it off with a pair of plyers every time i do an oil change.. hehe

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Oct 14 2004, 04:56 PM
DiRN tell me you didn't..........LOL  And you read my posts about putting the sticker on before I put the cap on and it being crooked.  OH WELL, even the smartest guys make silly mistakes!  hahahahahaha 

1 I put it on before your thread
2 I always just figured you put the cap on crooked, not just the sticker, and tried to fvck with the label

Oh well. Too late now.

EVO!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts