Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very close to purchasing a shifter because the stock unit has gotten really bad. The shifter thinks it needs to take two rest stops between first and second..
Does anyone have any info on the nismo shifter? I saw it over at performance nissan. My main concern is just having "smooth shifting" i really dont care much about the shorness.. Does the B&M or Rouge cure the notchiness? Input is greatly appreciated as I plan to upgrade within a few days.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
A short shifter is only going to make the notchiness worse. I wouldn't change anything and take it straight back to Nissan. It should still be under waranty, correct?

I would get them to fix the problem before I started buying aftermarket parts that will only make it worse if I were you.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had placed the b&m short shifter on my car and i thought the shifting would improve i was wrong it made it worst!!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
another :nono: for B&M , had it on my Z , and the shifting was worse then ever.. I couldnt shift fast at redline , and after a month I took it of again.. ( and yes it was installed correctly) Like Buddy said , I would take it first to the dealership and see what they say..

·
Registered
56 Posts
[/quote]

I have the Mossy/Nismo shifter. In th elongest setting , it is way easier than stock.
Shifts as easy as a honda accord :). If easy is what you want, it definately can do that. However; on some cars it can rattle, more so in the shorter 3 settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts