Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to buy the authentic nismo kit (only front bumper needed)?... A lot of places seem kinda sketchy (like ebay), and others dont specify if its the original or new US version (I want original JDM). Thanks for any info!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
not sure if this is true or not, but i heard the NISMO front bumper from Japan will not fit a US version Z. The reason is the US version has a 5 mph support behind the front end, and in Japan it is only a 3 mph support. This prevents the bumper from sitting flush and could cause a crack to appear since the NISMO from Japan is just fiberglass.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm maybe I have my information mixed up...I want the front bumper...not just the new lip, there might be a US version of the bumper I'm looking for:

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
unfortunately, the full NISMO bumper here in the US is a replica. The US version NISMO is a lip attachment only

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so its impossible for me to get the genuine kit on the pic I posted? :lame:

I don't like how much fabrication was needed to get the knock-offs fitting correctly like bavaria etc.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i think those that did it modified the front bumper support, but i would not reccomend that since that is an important safety device. from what i heard is VIS makes a decent replica, both in FRP (plastic reenforced fiberglass) and Carbon fiber. Carbon Creations makes thiers in CF as well. I heard the fit from those two are right on the money. too bad no one makes it in bumper grade urethane like the OEM. That is the bumper that NISMO should have released here

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what about the Nismo kits on Gruppe-S and Z-1? which are they?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by Euro_Tuned@Nov 5 2004, 01:43 PM
how do u compare those 3 (PFR, CF and urethane based oil)
in terms of cost, light weight, and strength?

urethane is very strong and flexible. the rest arent as strong with pure fiberglass a lot less strong than frp. frp is in between urethane and fiberglass strength and flex. but frp and fiberglass weigh the least... not thats its too much different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts