Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133668

Incase some of you hadnt seen it. The guy is getting them installed around the 22nd of August so he hasnt given his impressions yet obviously. I believe they would be more noticable if our cars were alot older or if they werent sports oriented but it will still be interesting to see how they perform.

From the thread:

"NISMO claims sharper handling, cornering, & grip .. if the whole kit is installed. I went in to talk with the NISMO rep last week .. but he only knows about this kit -- no direct exprerience other than what is on the NISMO site."

Front upper link bushing .. 4 pieces .. 1.5 hours
Front transverse link bushing ... 2 pieces .. 1.5 hours
Rear upper arm bushing ... 4 pieces .. 1.5 hours
Rear radius rod bushing axle side ... 2 pieces .. 4.0 hours
Rear radius rod bushing body side ... 2 pieces .. 1.0 hour
Rear front lower link bushing axle side ... 2 pieces .. 4.0 hours
Rear front lower link bushing body side ... 2 pieces .. 1.0 hour
Rear rear lower link bushing body side ... 2 pieces .. 1.0 hour
Rear shock absorber - upper bushing ... 2 pieces .. 0.5 hour

Total cost for parts is ... JYE 28,200 = US$ 256
Total estimated labor hours are ... 16.0 hours

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4828/nismobush2xz.gif');}" />

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4478/nismobush20fu.gif');}" />

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, im trying to get a quote from Japan Parts at the moment. If this guy thinks they give a noticable improvment i'll get them. Every other car review ive read where they changed the bushings they were always happy with the improvement gained. And as these are hard rubber and not urethane they should be quiet.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hmm, I've had so much trouble trying to get my dealer to replace a REALLY squeaky stock bushing ("Oh, we can't fix it because it's cause by your aftermarket suspension. Nismo? What's that? We do sell it? Oh."), I might just get these...

Definately interested in hearing a review....

·
Registered
77 Posts
And those labour costs are appalling 16 hours no way. Maaaaaybe 8. But nice hard bushes make a great improvement to handling.

Locally the Noltec stuff would be a better choice. They may not have made bushes for the 350 yet but I'm sure they would help out a test car on price.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
bushes are a good idea for u guys with lowered suspension

i had polyflex polyurethane bushes on my Alfa, they cost a fortune, but the suspension compliance was night and day. I did have some squeeking sometimes in really cold weather

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a reply back from Japan Parts.

All the above Nismo bushing cost AUD $240 not shipped. Shipping seems to be about AUD$100 but that isnt a final shipping price.

I havnt seen a post from 'Fairlady in Japan' yet so i'll wait to see what his impressions are.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1681759

His post:

Sorry for the delay in posting my impressions .. but I have been on frequent business trips and not enough "Z" drive time.

Well, this past Sunday, September 4, I took the Z out for a 150 mile "shakedown" on primarily mountain twisties. I had the bushing kit installed at the same time of swapping out my S03 PP's for the Michelin PS2's. It has been very difficult separating the 2 impressions -- wish I could have done the bushing kit with the S03's -- but that was part of the deal and final setup with alignment.

I don't find the NISMO bushing kit to be a dramatic change .. but rather, a subtle one. The Z corners flatter and a little more precise with a more "hunkering down" feeling on the corners. There is absolutely no noise from the bushings .. nothing. The tuning shop did a great job .. more time than expected .. but very professional and exacting.

Question is .. would I do the NISMO bushing install again if given the chance ? The answer is .. yes - the handling and overall precise feeling has improved with this addition.

However, handling is my top priority .. and anything that can improve the overall setup, suspension, and drive feeling of the Z has my attention. I am still trying to find the ultimate suspension setup of the Z.

Thats pretty good, he mentioned they werent a dramatic change but he could tell the difference and mentioned alot of good benefits, with the increase in precisition what im after.

One guy on my350z has ordered the 350EVO sperical bearings, wonder how they go? They are very expensive though US$1475 that plus the installation would be too much so i'll just get the Nismo bushing kit.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Murray - pity he changed the tyres at the same time as installing the bushing kit.

From what I have gathered reading other peoples tyre posts on the net, the PS2's have softer sidewalls than the SO3's. So I would assume he may have lost some precision in steering feel and response (as I did when I went from RE040 to Goodyear F1) but made up for it (and then some) with the bushing kit.

So my assumption from reading his post is that the bushing kit would have resulted in marginally even better handling and precision with the SO3's on than with the PS2's. Hard to know for sure.

Tell us what you think of it if you end up gowing with the same kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts